New guy here and seek for help

Discussions related to Solo
peterli

New guy here and seek for help

Post by peterli »

Hi everyone.
I'm a student from China, my English name is Peter and I'm studying at Carson-Newman in the Jefferson City.
I really love cars, I have a few experience on track in China but I have never participated in any auto events in US, so I think I'm still a beginner here.
Now I want to register the solo in Nov 2 at Knoxville, it's my first time to join the auto events in america and I have some questions.
1, I have a 2006 Nissan 350Z convertible without any modifications, so which class should I select? Is it C Street? And I can't find any selections which could indicate that I'm a novice.
2, I have registered #108 as my car number, so what number and letters should I put on my car? Just No.108?
3, I just joined the scca tonight and I have got the e-mail with my membership number. They told me that the membership card will be mailed in 1 business day, but I'm afraid that I cannot receive the membership card before the event begins. So what should I select at the registration page? Should I pay $40 or $25?
4, a question about the solo track, is it very large? in fact there are also some solo events in China but the track is quite small, I can't drive faster than 20 mph and it only costs about 30 seconds for a lap. How about the track here?

Sorry for my English if there are any mistakes.
Peter
MARKP

Re: New guy here and seek for help

Post by MARKP »

Welcome Peter. Thanks for the questions. I will offer some quick answers.

You should register for C Street with the car you have.

Our number system is set up to accept up to two digits for single drivers. You can run 08 or 8. Numbers above 100 are reserved for cars with two drivers.

I will let one of the registration people answer the question on membership.

Our courses will be faster and larger than what you are used to. Plan to get there by 9am and walk the course a lot. Find Cobra Jim when you get there. He helps all our novices.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
peterli

Post by peterli »

MARKP wrote:Welcome Peter. Thanks for the questions. I will offer some quick answers.

You should register for C Street with the car you have.

Our number system is set up to accept up to two digits for single drivers. You can run 08 or 8. Numbers above 100 are reserved for cars with two drivers.

I will let one of the registration people answer the question on membership.

Our courses will be faster and larger than what you are used to. Plan to get there by 9am and walk the course a lot. Find Cobra Jim when you get there. He helps all our novices.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Thank you Mark, I have already changed No.18, so should I put any letters which stands for C Street on my car?

By the way, if I install a spoiler wing on the trunk, is it sill C Street?
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Peter your number should be CS 18 as displayed on both doors. You can print them out and tape them on the car with painters tape, make them around six inches tall. Next for the spoiler , well why do you want one? I think you could save a few dollars and leave it off, run your car as is for the c stock class. What tires and tread wear are they, that is the thing that will help your times on course. Thanks for joining our club.
Bob Colbert
integra55

Post by integra55 »

class designators … 4" tall and numbers 8" tall (per rule book) … please put a bit of separation between them …makes it easier for the corner workers to read
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

peterli wrote:3, I just joined the scca tonight and I have got the e-mail with my membership number. They told me that the membership card will be mailed in 1 business day, but I'm afraid that I cannot receive the membership card before the event begins. So what should I select at the registration page? Should I pay $40 or $25?

Since you just joined SCCA, your first event will be free! If you don't have your membership card for the event, just bring the email that SCCA sent confirming your membership. Welcome to the club!
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Les

Post by Les »

Polish your car.
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Welcome to the club.
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Welcome Peter; I'm Jim the local novice chairman, I'll be at the race this Sunday in the Grey cobra. Please come find me when you arrive and I'll be happy to help you with registration, tech, and finding the course. It looks to be a fun event. I'll see ya there...
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

Welcome !
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent