Post by dewittpayne »

Working 3 driving 5. *groan*
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Kinetic

Re: wilmington tour

Post by Kinetic »

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Wilmington!
Kevin Lindley
'03 MR2 Spyder (blue) - ES 37
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Kevin we will save you a spot in paddock.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

I'm actually codriving and car pooling this time, so I will not need a spot for a vehicle. Thank you though JY!!
Kevin Lindley
'03 MR2 Spyder (blue) - ES 37
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

I'll be rolling out around 8:00am Friday.
SSM 96/196
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I'm planning on arriving about 9:30 AM Friday. Any particular location in the paddock preferred?
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Just a quick update on Wilmington day 2 http://sololive.scca.com/

CS Chris Harp finished 9th with 34 cars entered....Congrats

FS the top 4 entries all 2016 Camaro SS

The rest are still running day 2 Pilson and JY looking good in CAMC as well Kristo STX and Randy ES...DeWitt something must be going on way off the pace after day 1...good luck day 2 to all our ETR peeps.....can't forget Lin she's holding onto 1st after 4 runs in CSL

Check out final results at link above.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Paul,

I had a blind spot on the course. Age and heat may have had something to do with it as well. It was pure luck that I got a time at all. We finished at 7PM in 90 degree weather on Saturday. Even starting an hour earlier Sunday, it would have meant probably not getting on the road until 8PM for a six hour drive and I didn't feel it was worth it. So I packed up Sunday morning, worked heat 3 and left.

Ask Mark and Jeff about getting beat in CAMC by one of those street Camaro's on Saturday.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

dewittpayne wrote:Paul,

I had a blind spot on the course. Age and heat may have had something to do with it as well. It was pure luck that I got a time at all. We finished at 7PM in 90 degree weather on Saturday. Even starting an hour earlier Sunday, it would have meant probably not getting on the road until 8PM for a six hour drive and I didn't feel it was worth it. So I packed up Sunday morning, worked heat 3 and left.

Ask Mark and Jeff about getting beat in CAMC by one of those street Camaro's on Saturday.
I knew something was going on and totally understand I would like to do some of these but the old body just won't co-operate in those conditions anymore. I wouldn't even have had the energy to make the 6 hour drive...2 to 3 is my limit.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I'm not sure what the overall consensus will be on the course. My opinion is that, while it is not indicative of a real national style autocross course, it was a learning experience and took me out of my comfort zone and made me rethink my general driving strategy. That said, if I had a car that had to use third, I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much. But event then, the gear change from 2-3 and back down isn't something you get to practice often but it's a good skill to have.

Sorry for DeWitt and Jeff J. stroking out on us. It was hot and you had to try to plan to stay in the shade anytime you could. I felt pretty terrible Sat morning, but began funneling gatorade and water and recovered.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I felt OK Saturday and Sunday AM and even working the third heat at station 6 on Sunday. But at that point I had the wheels changed and the car packed. Getting up at 9AM instead of 5:45AM and being able to take a break in Jeff's air conditioned trailer was a big help with the wheel changing and packing part. But that wasn't going to be available Sunday evening and I knew how bad I felt after running the fifth heat on Saturday.

When walking the course, I didn't recognize that the place where I went off course was going to be a problem and It was too far away from the grid and at the wrong angle to really see why I was going off course once the heat started.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

flier129

Post by flier129 »

Congrats to all of ETR who brought home hardware and big congrats to Randy. Hell of a finish for your 2nd year and in a competitive class. :rockon:
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
steverife

Post by steverife »

The Saturday course was my least favorite national course that I've ever ran. In a 75 to 80 second course, there was one element that had a slight semblance of "hang on". I won't say it wasn't challenging because in a car like mine there are huge rewards/penalties to braking clean and picking up the throttle ASAP, but it was definitely boring.

The Sunday course was a lot more fun, but I still would have preferred 3 or 4 more elements, and a real slalom.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Wow what a weekend. Thanks to all the ETR crew for all the support and advice along the weekend. JY thanks for taking the time to walk with me on Sunday. Think I learned more this weekend than all year combined. Got tips on technique, car setup, tire setup, picking lines, data acquisition, watching how faster cars approached sections and working under pressure. Had a blast! Can't wait for next one.
Randy Adkins