wilmington tour

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

Re: wilmington tour

Post by jcox07 »

The course Sat. was a you better hit your braking right or you would be all over the place trying to make the next element, just ask Ryan about his first run on Sat with his color commentary on his run. First time that my car had a real power advantage in esp. It was a blast though to be able to really use the power. I hope scca gets the Wilmington people on board and we continue to be able to use that great lot. I could not keep the car from going into Ice mode on Sunday, all 3 runs it went into Ice mode.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Mark,

Congrats. What did you do to pick up so much time on Sunday? The BFG's seem to work very well for Corvettes in CAM-S, not so much for Mustangs in CAM-C. I'm beginning to think I need some wider, lighter 19 inch rims so I could use the 305/19 Kumho's or Bridgestones. I don't see any on Tire Rack that don't cost an arm and a leg, though.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

I hope whatever change BFG is making will get them on par with the Bridgestones. Or that Bridgestone and Khumo will start making some normal sizes like 335's. I basically got 2 more inches of rubber per tire on the ground with the BFG's and it's not that much better than the Bridgestones.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Honestly, I think I just drove a little better on Sunday and got a little luck too. Nate didn't seem to have a good day Sunday.

I think the BFGs are great under acceleration and braking. They dont have the lateral grip that others seem to have and they don't communicate well. They stick or they are gone. When I get my videos edited and uploaded, you will probably see what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

MARKP wrote:Honestly, I think I just drove a little better on Sunday and got a little luck too. Nate didn't seem to have a good day Sunday.

I think the BFGs are great under acceleration and braking. They dont have the lateral grip that others seem to have and they don't communicate well. They stick or they are gone. When I get my videos edited and uploaded, you will probably see what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Interesting that you say that. With the Spyder, I've found pretty much the opposite. You can launch the Bridgestones at least 1k rpm's higher and the car stops much better.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I don't think the current rival s works very well on cars that do not weigh over 2800 pounds. The new version of the rival s is suppose to work on lighter cars, but only time will tell if they do as well on most lighter cars as they do on heavy cars.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

I like the current ones a lot on a Spyder. You can slide the car around. It is really tough to find the limit on the Bridgestones.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97