Cabins/Camping for SeDiv

Discussions related to Solo
Buck05Sti

Cabins/Camping for SeDiv

Post by Buck05Sti »

My wife and I have looked in to camping for the SeDiv and she has found the following: "Primitive" (read: tent) camping sites are $20 at Holston River Brewery and 2 bedroom villas are $50/night. The villas have a den also, so potentially 3-5 people could sleep in one and split cost. She also found that there's a music festival going on that weekend, but couldn't find out if that'd affect the price, but a weekend pass was $30 and Saturday only was $15, so worst case scenario for lodging (and music) would be $130 for the weekend. Would anyone be interested in doing this as well? The brewery is fairly close to the site and we usually end up there after competition anyhow so it could be a pretty viable option for those coming in from out of town not looking to spend a chunk on lodging. We're willing to make a reservation for folks other than ourselves, but we'd need to know soon. If interested, post up here or feel free to IM me.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
timray

Re: Cabins/Camping for SeDiv

Post by timray »

If the 2 bedroom villa has air conditioning we are so in!!!!
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

At this point, we would be interested in a villa, assuming AC, etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Emmy is going to confirm today if they have A/C or no and I'll post up when I know.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Are they pet friendly?

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Quick update: the cabins are airconditioned and have a stove/oven (no microwave). The person Emmy talked to said they were unsure about the pet policy, but the guy thought it wouldn't be a problem. He is going to call the owners to confirm, so, Mark, hopefully we'll have an answer by the end of the day.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

The wife and I would be willing to get a villa for both Friday and Saturday night. Do we know how many villas are available? Who do we contact?
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Another update: We've got 3 rooms reserved as of now, one being ours, the other two are for Tim/Bronwyn and Mark/Chaisty. They have 6 total and one other person besides us has reserved one so should have two cabins left. The of the campground is "Thunder Mountain Campground" search also Holston River Brewery. The number for the cabins is 423-946-2380. Emmy said there are two rooms left.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

timray

Post by timray »

Thx for reserving! We will call them this evening to pay. Looking forward to an awesome weekend.
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

All gone.
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks! Were you able to confirm they are pet friendly? Am I correct in thinking there are two rooms to each reservation? If so, that might allow us to house some others.

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

MARKP wrote:Thanks! Were you able to confirm they are pet friendly? Am I correct in thinking there are two rooms to each reservation? If so, that might allow us to house some others.

Still waiting on pet friendly. The owners are out of town and the brewery manager is running things and a little flustered/clueless. He did say that if it was a Pitt, they wouldnt allow it but the brewery is dog friendly so i'd say it's pretty safe to say Toby would be fine. and yes all villas are two bedrooms.

Also, Emmy tried to go ahead and reserve the other two cabins for Paul and one other person. Dont know if we got the last two for sure or not. But, Paul, if you didnt get one, one of the ones we reserved is for you.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Sorry Ryan, I am obviously confused. When I called I did not ask if a room had been reserved in my name. He just told me they were all taken. So there is a cabin reserved in my name? It sounded like you were only able to get 3 cabins reserved from your earlier post. (You, Tim, Mark)
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Paul,
originally that was true then Emmy went ahead and reserved the rest since there was interest. Let me confirm with her, but im pretty sure she reserved a cabin for you guys but it may not be under your name.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Ok i just talked to Emmy. The cabins are in Emmy's name but we have a cabin for Paul, Tim, Mark, Emmy, and Lin
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20