Electric scooters and course walks

Discussions related to Solo
TedV

Electric scooters and course walks

Post by TedV »

This is primarily aimed at Scott and Paul who I think have done the most research.

The 5 miles Dana and I have walked shopping the tax free weekend has really bothered her lower back and legs. She is working with KOC to get it addressed but insurance is dragging their feet on paying. ( Insert political statement about being forced to pay into insurance that won't pay out ) in the meantime she does enjoy driving Rallycross and autocross as long as she can figure out the course. I'm looking into a decent scooter she could ride around at walking speed and see the course for autocross.

Any recommendations? Amazon prime eligible would be preferred to get it by next weekend. Scott told me about the cons of the scooter he has. Paul? Any pearly words of wisdom?

I'm out wrenching on rides. Need to get the ball rolling on this tho.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Gen52SS

Re: Electric scooters and course walks

Post by Gen52SS »

All I can say about mine is "It's great " I've not had any issues with it. Currie eZip 1000 cost $400 to $500 new I bought mine used with little use on it from Mr Beaty of Beaty Chevrolet $250 It depends on how much strain you demand on the battery weight, up inclined surface etc. My best guess is 8 to 10 miles on a charge. I can talk more about it at the meeting if you are going. If I can help you with information you also have my cell number.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
TedV

Re: Electric scooters and course walks

Post by TedV »

Looks like most electric scoots are the small tires like Scott's or you bump up to a regular bike based ride. eZip 1000 looks to be discontinued with the smaller diameter 300 and maybe a 500 still available. I will keep looking, something may end up looking good.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's