2016 Championship Points

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: 2016 Championship Points

Post by thrdeye »

Well, it's how we did RallyX scoring when I was timing chief for our national event in 2013. The reason I know this is because there was a Neon that broke and missed some runs on Saturday, so he received a time on subsequent runs that was much slower than his capability (+10 seconds) but came back to win the event.

Look at PF class on the below results. Slowest time was 69.884. So the slowest time in class +10 was 79.884. The Neon never started those runs. There is no mechanism for a DNS in RallyX.

http://www.etrscca.org/rallycrossresult ... _fin2d.htm
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Anyway, I'm not sure what the hangup is.

Jon's times for the 3 missed runs would be 72.904 , putting him solidly behind you, DeWitt.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

What about STS are ya'll sure that is correct? Don't we have two more events left?
Bob Colbert
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

2 events Adesa October 22nd and November 6th at Pellisippi
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Chris,

Yes, but what are my times for my three missed runs? Logically it would be Jon's slowest time on Saturday, not my slowest time from Sunday, plus ten seconds. Unfortunately, I don't see Jon's times for Saturday in the results. I can't go to Adesa and I don't know if I can pass sound for the last event at Pellissippi. If Jon wins both of those events, he would only need to score more than 93.47 at Bristol to win. I think that's highly probable if I have to use Jon's slowest Saturday time. We both get 30 seconds of penalty, so that doesn't count.

I was told at Bristol by JY that neither Jon nor I could score points for the event. That affected how I drove.

Do cone penalties count for the slow time? Does the dropped run count as slowest time? Again, if I knew the rules beforehand, I could have hit 5 or ten cones on my first run and/or driven slowly. I see this as changing the rules after the fact.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

Everyone knew that rallycross scoring was happening. I mentioned this right after the event that I expected to get some points for the event even though I didn't attend both days because of this format.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

From the SEDIV championship question thread:
Re: SEDIV championship questions

Report this post

Postby Gen52SS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 am

Brad Lee wrote:
Hey everybody, Would it make a difference or change anything if one ran Sunday only?
I understand it's an average of timed runs and slowest run is dropped but would it matter if Saturday is missed?

'Really looking forward to running this one and seeing all the other cars run too! Thanks.

Brad.... like TedV said first pre-register before 12 noon Friday. You would not be eligible for championship only running one day. The entry fee will still be $65. I think we might have a few more beside yourself only running on Sunday. Get to the trailer early and make sure you have checked in someone will take care of you. You can drop me an email if you like at TEAMETR@charter.net hope to see you then.
"You would not be eligible for championship only running one day." That sounds pretty clear to me.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

jcoatney wrote:Everyone knew that rallycross scoring was happening. I mentioned this right after the event that I expected to get some points for the event even though I didn't attend both days because of this format.
Everyone didn't include me. I knew we were using cumulative scoring, but I had been assured that no points would be awarded if you didn't compete both days.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I went back and looked at the results from 2015 for the SEDIV championship at Smokies. Tracy Riggs was a DNS on Sunday and got no points for that event in the 2015 season points, nor did Jason Hyder in Novice, Corey Williams in CAM, and Charles Williams in STM. Awarding points in 2016 for a missing a day would be a change from 2015.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

dewittpayne wrote:From the SEDIV championship question thread:
Re: SEDIV championship questions

Report this post

Postby Gen52SS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:08 am

Brad Lee wrote:
Hey everybody, Would it make a difference or change anything if one ran Sunday only?
I understand it's an average of timed runs and slowest run is dropped but would it matter if Saturday is missed?

'Really looking forward to running this one and seeing all the other cars run too! Thanks.

Brad.... like TedV said first pre-register before 12 noon Friday. You would not be eligible for championship only running one day. The entry fee will still be $65. I think we might have a few more beside yourself only running on Sunday. Get to the trailer early and make sure you have checked in someone will take care of you. You can drop me an email if you like at TEAMETR@charter.net hope to see you then.
"You would not be eligible for championship only running one day." That sounds pretty clear to me.
Yep..would not be eligible for SEDIV championship only running 1 day.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
TedV

Post by TedV »

Rallycross scoring: if you do not make a run, or do not complete a run, you get the slowest time for that run group class plus 10 seconds. If you miss all 3 runs one day and you can beat them the next day after a 30 second deficit, you deserve the win.

making someone ineligible because they missed a day is not rallycross timing. If making them in-eligible is what is intended, please stop calling it rallycross timing. Rallycross rewards you for perseverance.

Thank you.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Ted,

RallyCross was in quotes in the published supps. I assumed that mean a scoring method that was similar, but not identical, to RallyCross. There was no mention anywhere in the forum about replacing DNS runs with slow time plus ten seconds until after the event when the posted results had problems.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Then there's Brian LaRose in CAM-T. He's been left out of the discussion because he was a DNS on Saturday too. But if you give him penalty times for Saturday, he wins the CAM PAX class easily. I suspect that would put Jon out of the championship as well, which makes the whole issue moot, but I would need all Jon's Saturday times to be sure.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Trying to sort this out and I was asked by Ted last year about only running one day could he get points for that event and I said if everyone in your class only runs one day or if eberyone but you runs both days then yes as it doesn't matter which day you run with rally scoring and the slowest run plus 10 seconds for your times. So as soon as I get the info from the event on the times for each, we will resolve this issue.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

thrdeye wrote:So Ted has spoken. Brian, do slowest raw time in class +10 secs on any DNS then the points will work out

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
I'm not trying to cause a lot of problems. I just looked back at season points and noticed I didn't have any for this event. I'm just going by what was said after the event. It really doesn't matter to me. If it's going to open up a can of worms on past events let's just drop it.

Dewitt, I would think you would be on board with us both getting points for this event. Winning a championship by default isn't really winning.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/