ETR Event #8

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Re: RE: Re: ETR Event #8

Post by MARKP »

thrdeye wrote:Personally, PSCC just doesn't twiddle my diddle anymore, so something different is good. But, in driving it didn't really feel much different.

I do appreciate the effort though....seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Honestly, there were only a few real differences from what we have had there in the past. It had more to do with a few changes and shaking up the order in which we typically do things. I have heard a lot of people say we have a lot of the same stuff there so I tried to shake it up. I hope some of our other course designers decide to do the same. Oh, and keep an open mind about comments when you are building it. Some of the stuff I had in mind ended up being a little different after Jeff and Jim made some suggestions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
MikeKelly

Re: ETR Event #8

Post by MikeKelly »

I thought the bottom part of the course walked "a little busy" - but I thought it drove and flowed pretty darn well.

I especially liked the fact that we didn't have many (if any) red flags for lost / spun out / etc.
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

lcoleman wrote:I thought the course was fresh and challenging. I enjoyed it a lot.

I think the STM results are incorrect, unless Cody is pulling my leg about the 47.9. That may be a timing error.
There were some issues with 2nd heat. I fixed the rest of them, but I forgot that one. I'll get it tonight. Cody told me about it yesterday, but it slipped my mind. I was about 10 seconds from being locked in the trailer :lol:
Brian Robbins
XP 45
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

10 Seconds my a$$, I was only giving you 3 seconds before I locked you in..lol
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

lol - LET'S GO BEFORE WE GET DROWNED!!!!
Mike Kelly
--Mr. Rate
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Yep, that was pretty much it. I somehow managed to get loaded up and out of there before the rain...after I almost got locked in the trailer lol
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

thrdeye wrote:Personally, PSCC just doesn't twiddle my diddle anymore, so something different is good. But, in driving it didn't really feel much different.

I do appreciate the effort though....seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

+1
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

I'm glad I wasn't in the third run group. I spent a lot of time in the car with the air conditioning on while packing up too. It's not that I felt bad, it's that I knew I would feel bad if I didn't keep cool.

I think I would have been faster on my BFG's. I had an IR thermometer in my glove compartment, so I could have measured the track temperature, but I didn't remember until I was on the way home. I felt like I had no grip on my last run in spite of spraying my tires, twice on the right side, before the run. I suspect the track temperature was so high that the tires overheated just by contact with the pavement. Wet towels would probably have worked better to cool the tires.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

dewittpayne wrote:I'm glad I wasn't in the third run group. I spent a lot of time in the car with the air conditioning on while packing up too. It's not that I felt bad, it's that I knew I would feel bad if I didn't keep cool.

I think I would have been faster on my BFG's. I had an IR thermometer in my glove compartment, so I could have measured the track temperature, but I didn't remember until I was on the way home. I felt like I had no grip on my last run in spite of spraying my tires, twice on the right side, before the run. I suspect the track temperature was so high that the tires overheated just by contact with the pavement. Wet towels would probably have worked better to cool the tires.
is that legal? I dont know for sure.. sounds "active"
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

JB,

I don't see that it would be any different than using tire blankets in cold weather. Water isn't active cooling or you couldn't spray tires. But I haven't actually looked closely at the rules.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

All I find is this:

6.11 PREHEATING TIRES
Pre-heating of tires prior to competition by electrically heated covers or by
similar means is prohibited.
Mike Kelly
--Mr. Rate
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

that sounds lots more effective than spraying.... throw them on dripping with ice cold water...

roll the car and do the other half...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

A lot of people do the towel thing at nats.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
joker717

Post by joker717 »

I had a great time yesterday (other than the sunburn), I enjoyed the course a lot. I got my first win yesterday so it made up for the miserable heat. As always a great job by our local crew at pulling off a fun and pretty smooth event.

Thanks to Rife for making a run in my car to give me some ideas for making it better.
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

I didn't think putting ice towels on tires between runs was legal. That would have helped two driver cars with the quick turn around.
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street