ETR Event #8

Discussions related to Solo
eunos735

ETR Event #8

Post by eunos735 »

WOW. It was HOT today.

Here's video from my best Raw time (46.080)

Thanks for hosting this event...I was able to identify 3 issues I need to fix before leaving for Nebraska.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jefezDL ... e=youtu.be
SSM 96/196
Gen52SS

Re: ETR Event #8

Post by Gen52SS »

eunos735 wrote:WOW. It was HOT today.
I congratulate all the class winners. ..I didn't make the entire event I had to leave after the 2nd heat finished. I had 4 bottles of Gatorade and 2 of water the heat just got the best of me. I barely had enough energy to pack up. I had to sit in the car with air conditioning on high to get the body temperature down it was one of the worst days at an autocross event with heat issues. I enjoyed the course times are getting better plus I got to welcome some new 1st time ETR people. Just wish the temp was a few degrees cooler.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
timray

Post by timray »

Hope you have recovered Paul.
We had a great time as always. I finally found a little bit of quick in 3 runs. Definitely my best effort in a while.
Enjoyed the course and the good company!
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: ETR Event #8

Post by Challenger »

Gen52SS wrote:
I congratulate all the class winners. ..I didn't make the entire event I had to leave after the 2nd heat finished. I had 4 bottles of Gatorade and 2 of water the heat just got the best of me. I barely had enough energy to pack up. I had to sit in the car with air conditioning on high to get the body temperature down it was one of the worst days at an autocross event with heat issues. I enjoyed the course times are getting better plus I got to welcome some new 1st time ETR people. Just wish the temp was a few degrees cooler.
Hope your feeling better Paul

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
benk

Post by benk »

Gen52SS wrote:

Yeah it was, that sleeveless number I was rocking turned out to maybe not be a good idea, and we left after the second heat as well.

Vrooman, man we are so close. I'm loving this push on every run. 0.222 seconds between us in FS.

Really enjoyed Pilson's course, challenging but a nice change from the usual pelli course we see. Really put a new spin on an old lot, well done sir. :pirate:
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
steverife

Post by steverife »

It has been a really rough summer as far as heat at events.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

First time ever to actually have a passing worry about heat issues... I developed the sensation of chills while changing back to the Kumho tires befor my second run. Just added more water and poured it down my shirt a little at a time. Maybe that added to my lack of concentration on course..lol
The course wasnt as walked,Ill say that..however,I prefer a more challenging design... my straight line handling isnt no where near the rest of the field in Pro... :lol:

my best official run #3 I went .7 faster on 4 but no video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmCN_PKSpoc
Last edited by John Brown on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Good to see everyone again. It's been a while.

I went just to get out and shake the cobwebs itty of the car and myself. It was really really hot.

While the course was fun and like John said, walked different than it drove, I too wish there was more balance, especially since nationals is next for some.
Not sure what it was, but something was missing
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Glad you were able to get that 4th run, John. Only .16x off me on index. I guess it wasn't too unbalanced since Kristo took the win and you would have been 3rd on your 4th run time. ;-)

I was going for something different. Glad some enjoyed it. :-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
steverife

Post by steverife »

I made a big mistake on my 3rd run and got into ice mode and probably gave up a really big chunk of time. I think I could have been pretty close to the mix if not for that.

I think I liked the course. My course complaint would be the visuals. Too many cones. I felt like I couldn't look ahead.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Personally, PSCC just doesn't twiddle my diddle anymore, so something different is good. But, in driving it didn't really feel much different.

I do appreciate the effort though....seriously.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Thanks to all ...feeling better today.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

I think my kuhmo's went over their temperature limit in the third run group. I drove poorly on the first two runs with a massive drift on my second run and the tires just stuck less every run from 3rd runs on. I think I needed some ice in the sprayer.
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
RIP: 13 ASP 2002 911
RIP: 13 ST 1991 Saab 900
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I thought the course was fresh and challenging. I enjoyed it a lot.

I think the STM results are incorrect, unless Cody is pulling my leg about the 47.9. That may be a timing error.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

lcoleman wrote:I thought the course was fresh and challenging. I enjoyed it a lot.

I think the STM results are incorrect, unless Cody is pulling my leg about the 47.9. That may be a timing error.
looked correct... He had a lil more mustard on his hot-dog than you did for that course... :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C