ETR Event #8

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Re: ETR Event #8

Post by MARKP »

I think I saw the shake and bake crew doing this on a Miata at Nationals in Topeka one year. [emoji38]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Chuck629

Post by Chuck629 »

Teufelshund wrote:
lcoleman wrote:I thought the course was fresh and challenging. I enjoyed it a lot.

I think the STM results are incorrect, unless Cody is pulling my leg about the 47.9. That may be a timing error.
There were some issues with 2nd heat. I fixed the rest of them, but I forgot that one. I'll get it tonight. Cody told me about it yesterday, but it slipped my mind. I was about 10 seconds from being locked in the trailer :lol:
This was first heat. Not sure how his last run went up top, but the car died for a good 5 seconds or so on the bottom. I don't think driving like a god after that would have got him in the 47's. :lol:
Charlie Sykes STM #55

1991 Honda CRX SI
1990 Mazda Miata
timray

Post by timray »

Pro results look to be jus a little off. Flanagan's best time and the one posted was from run 4.
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

I'll check on that as well
Brian Robbins
XP 45
TedV

Post by TedV »

steverife wrote:A lot of people do the towel thing at nats.
This sheds light on that one time the motel charged you for towels that were mysteriously black. Like the white towels had been rubbed on dirty black tires. :lol:

It was refreshing to run some different parts of the Pelli lot. I do wonder how much time I'm giving up when the kart is flying in the air. Funny how it won't stop, turn or accelerate when the tires aren't touching the ground. Weeee :shock: :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

So I looked into STM, and the audit sheet agrees with the results. Anyone have any ideas?
Brian Robbins
XP 45
steverife

Post by steverife »

I think Cody might have short cut the course after the car troubles and no one called in DNF...and it just happened to put up a not entirely unreasonable time.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

steverife wrote:I think Cody might have short cut the course after the car troubles and no one called in DNF...and it just happened to put up a not entirely unreasonable time.
That's what I'm thinking as well
Brian Robbins
XP 45
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Teufelshund wrote:
steverife wrote:I think Cody might have short cut the course after the car troubles and no one called in DNF...and it just happened to put up a not entirely unreasonable time.
I was starter for that heat and that rings a bell. I wouldn't want to rely on my memory alone, but I'll second someone else.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

I wanna see the corner sheets for that 46.080 I ran..... :)

Just curious where I hit the cone.

Sucks to cone away two 46 second runs :(
SSM 96/196
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

I also would like a cone fail location. But on the same note I was so over heated I could care less. We were nothing but a bunch of living zombies by the time we ran the course. More for third run group. I would have been happy with four or less on this day. Many seemed to be missing at the end of the event. Surface was slick, and those that stayed. Thanks. The computer issues need to stop!!!!! Why do we always have the lost car or what ever issue.?
Bob Colbert
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Im with John Smith. I think it was too hot for the Kumho's. After my second run I lost the bite on the track and started losing a tenth each run. Loved the course Mark. Very different and challenging. Thanks
Randy Adkins
Mark McCrary

Post by Mark McCrary »

MARKP wrote:I think I saw the shake and bake crew doing this on a Miata at Nationals in Topeka one year. [emoji38]

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The shake and bake crew may or may not have done something like that one year. :D I thought the next year the rule was changed because some people may have brought coolers with ice water to grid. haha I do not know who on earth would try to do something like that to gain ad advantage. :D
Mark McCrary
2004 Mazda RX-8 C-Street
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Miata22 wrote:Im with John Smith. I think it was too hot for the Kumho's. After my second run I lost the bite on the track and started losing a tenth each run. Loved the course Mark. Very different and challenging. Thanks

After Lin and I took our first runs on the RE71's... I was amazed how slick and un predictable they were. Over a second slash in time on run 2,and the Kumhos never seemed to give up on me..even with a 2 driver car in that heat..and zero cooling. Im sure the near zero bias of my car helps along with the weight of the car..! :mrgreen:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

dewittpayne wrote:
Teufelshund wrote:
I was starter for that heat and that rings a bell. I wouldn't want to rely on my memory alone, but I'll second someone else.
I'm 100% certain that he stalled and DNF'd. That is just my theory as to why it wasn't caught.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97