ONE DAY BMS events

Discussions related to Solo
black16g

Re: ONE DAY BMS events

Post by black16g »

90civichb wrote:
thrdeye wrote:
90civichb wrote:I'd pay extra for more runs for sure. I love ETR TnT events and more run time that doesn't go towards points is exactly what I need.
Why u no school?
You know, that's a good point. I always thought it to be very basic but now that I've been around for a bit I really should involve myself a bit more. I learn something everytime I ride with one of you pro guys. I may try and sign up if I still can.
You don't need to go any faster buddy.

I'm a fan of more Bristol events. I'd be open to learning registration, setting up timing lights or whatever to keep the usuals from Knoxville feeling obligated to get there super early.
Last edited by black16g on Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joey Richardson
EyeAmL8

Post by EyeAmL8 »

I would love to see more 1 day Saturday events as well. The only one on the schedule is Adesa.

The more we run at BMS, the better :)
Taylor Repko
13 FR-S CS 44
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

black16g wrote: You don't need to go any faster buddy.
I do if Randy's gonna keep playing in STM. I took second last event but only got 98 points since he beat me by a second. If I would have won Lucas and I would pretty much be dead even. Or even if I would have come within .5 of him, that 98 ain't doin me no good, lol. :?
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
DiaboJim

Post by DiaboJim »

I really liked the Bristol event and would attend all others at that location. I can also be at either location early to help out as needed as I am only a little over an hour away from both sites.
Jim Thomas
2016 GT350
djrogers1

Post by djrogers1 »

Obviously, I'm all for more BMS events as DeWitt and John pointed out. And now that I have worked registration, I could be on site for the first shift and let the Knoxville guys sleep an extra hour. I also would be willing to pay for TnT as I need more seat time in the Mustang.
Dave Rogers
2006 Porsche Cayman S #13
2011 Porsche Cayman S #13
2016 Mustang GT #3
2018 BMW 340i X-drive #3
2022 Mustang Mach 1 #3
joker717

Post by joker717 »

Not a fan of more events at Bristol at all. I live 30 mins West of Pellissippi. Bristol is a 3-4 hour drive one way for me. To be honest I really hate driving my car on the highway. I don't mind making the trip for big events but not more than a couple times a year. If this happens I'll have to either get a street class car or quit all together. I don't really want to do either one of those options which is why I've quietened my car down and been involved in helping Mike Kelly any way I can.
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Should a pole be set up with an email blast to all members asking opinions to give us better data then the handful of people posting in the forum?
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Wait and see what Mark thinks about that as I think it is a good idea.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Right now, Pellissippi is what keeps us viable. We have generally had better turnout there than anywhere else for local events. The agreement we have with Bristol really means about the best we will ever do there is break even at locals. I think most of us like Bristol more than anywhere else we run but we have to keep the economics in mind.

If single events there will bring more people out then let's give it a shot. We thought two day events would help participation and our overhead but that didn't happen. I dont think we need to plan more than 3 locals there for next year. If attendance picks up at Bristol or we lose Pellissippi completely, we can revisit it then.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

What will the new sound rule do for participation at Pelli?

I would imagine you could bank on averaging 10 less per event.

Someone should try to estimate the financial impact that will have before we commit to many events at a more expensive site thats 2 hours away.

I loved the Bristol event. I like the site.....I would run more "locals" if we ran there and were mindful about the National Solo and Pro Solo schedule.

I'd pay $45 - $50.....but I'd have a hard time going much higher.
SSM 96/196
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

I'd like to do some Saturday Bristol events too. Never really cared much for Pellissippi.
Jed Peterson
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

I'll go to every Bristol event that the club decides to run. If we are only breaking even on cost then I would suggest a modest increase of the entrance fee....
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

CobraJim wrote:
If we are only breaking even on cost then I would suggest a modest increase of the entrance fee....

I'd generalize it as our fee structure is not the problem.

Guaranteeing a full roster (90+ drivers) show up + pay up in spite of a rain event / bad weather forecast - is more the nature of the problem.
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Any thoughts of trying to do a joint event with Blue Ridge Region at Bristol? BMS is practically on the border of ETR and BRR.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
SKLR

Post by SKLR »

1 day Bristol events would be a lot more attractive. Also, +1 for TnT opportunities.
Gurneesh Jatana
05 MSM :rockon:
05 Sentra SpecV