ONE DAY BMS events

Discussions related to Solo
jcox07

ONE DAY BMS events

Post by jcox07 »

How many one day events does ETR need to try and get at BMS for 2017 season? Please weigh in on this as we are facing sound issues at pelli and may in the end loose that site and have to do more at other sites. How many one day events would you travel to at BMS?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Re: ONE DAY BMS events

Post by ConeEater »

I'm crazy... So not sure you want to count me... But.

That's a fun fun lot that is national caliber size...
I'd be going for 2-3 at least.
I'd also be ok with a price bump at those events to help p the region break even at them.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: ONE DAY BMS events

Post by Challenger »

ConeEater wrote:I'm crazy... So not sure you want to count me... But.

That's a fun fun lot that is national caliber size...
I'd be going for 2-3 at least.
I'd also be ok with a price bump at those events to help p the region break even at them.
I must be crazy too then because I'll second that opinion. That lot is a ton of fun and worth the drive for me. I'm in for whatever we get up there.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

For me...I have not missed an event in 3 years and as long as the ticker keeps working I don't plan on missing any in 2017. Bristol is not a long ride and a great course many come down from that area to run at Pelli they would love more up that neck of the woods I'm sure. Will we lose ETR Pelli regulars who don't want to make the trip YES! Can we with good advanced promotion build up a new crop of drivers from that area YES! We will need to have big attendance numbers to make profitable for sure. I'm also in a position to pay the extra entry fee so the club doesn't take a hit. We have about 765 members we can reach in an email blast many of these members are not active anymore haven't been to one of our events in years I know because I've done the research. My guess is 1/3 of that 765 are still active in autocross. Count me in for all Bristol events.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
Chuck629

Post by Chuck629 »

I think a lot of us would be more interested in 1 day BMS events over 2 days. Lucas and Cody would be big fans. Driving down both days is a big hassle. One day is pretty manageable.
Charlie Sykes STM #55

1991 Honda CRX SI
1990 Mazda Miata
steverife

Post by steverife »

Yeah. I would actually be more likely to attend a 1 day because I don't have to get a hotel or spend 8 hours in the car.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I would pay $45 or more to run at BMS as a main venue.....I.e. 6 or more times per year. Whatever it takes for us to break even. Works for zmax.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
timray

Post by timray »

I'm sure we could make 3. An earlier start time would help for those traveling . I'm sure we are on the extreme end of travel time though.
We LOVE Bristol! Short of concrete , it's definitely the best lot we've ever driven.
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

Depending on how they were spread out is what would really determine attendance frequency for me. I am much more inclined to do 1 day events since I just can't justify the cost/time (at this point) for 2 day events that far out. I do enjoy the lot and it seems to draw more competition from other regions as well, which is nice to see.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
Shadow2

Post by Shadow2 »

I would prefer the one day events at Bristol to be on a Saturday if possible (like Adesa). It's a bit of a drive up there (though not terrible), but I would prefer to have Sunday to rest before starting the work week. That said, I'm not sure if that would affect/conflict with other events at BMS...

But the main question, yes, I'd be all for more events being up at Bristol, I originated from Kingsport, so it's a good excuse to come back up that way and see some friends and family.
Joshua Dunn
2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (ES - 64)
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

I can easily justify a 1 day event there, even if it costs a lot more than Pelli, but a 2-day is just too much hassle for me. I skipped all the Bristol events this year because of the 2-day format.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
steverife

Post by steverife »

Shadow2 wrote:I would prefer the one day events at Bristol to be on a Saturday if possible (like Adesa). It's a bit of a drive up there (though not terrible), but I would prefer to have Sunday to rest before starting the work week. That said, I'm not sure if that would affect/conflict with other events at BMS...

But the main question, yes, I'd be all for more events being up at Bristol, I originated from Kingsport, so it's a good excuse to come back up that way and see some friends and family.
I feel like I need to rest up AFTER my work week. Saturday events are exhausting to me.

...but I'll make either work if I can.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

If there were 1 or 2 Sat events and I knew to expect them, it's not an issue. It does make Friday night a bit of a scramble though.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

Needless to say, I'm in favor of however many events you want to run at Bristol, since it's less than 20 miles from my house.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

I would definitely be able to do more Bristol events if they were only one day. Probably 4 or so. If we need to make more money off it a pay per lap test and tune or practice laps on Saturday would be great. I know plenty of people would love to have more of those.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/