'09 Honda Fit - Which Class?

Discussions related to Solo
bpror8

'09 Honda Fit - Which Class?

Post by bpror8 »

Hey guys!

I have a 2009 Honda Fit that is mostly stock besides upgraded wheels and tires. The wheels are an inch wider than stock but the same diameter, and the tires are 200 treadwear street tires 225/50. Stock tires are 185/55

Also, I have these wheels and tires up for sale because I want to downsize to a wheel that is only a half inch wider than stock while keeping same diameter. So, I'd also like to ask if changing from wheels that are one inch wider than stock to wheels that are half an inch wider than stock would change what class I will be in.

Thanks!
ConeEater

Re: '09 Honda Fit - Which Class?

Post by ConeEater »

Short answer.. Yes to both. You say your car is mostly stock.. What else have you done?

If your car is 100% stock, and you change the wheels in either diameter our or width it's out of the stock classes, called street.

Depending on the wheel size, it would be in street touring our "ST" classes. But it depends on what else is done
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
bpror8

Post by bpror8 »

I have a cold air intake. I was advised to take it off but it literally does not add any performance whatsoever.
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just run it the way it is in STF. You can do some suspension stuff to it as you are able and it will be a lot more fun to drive.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

It also looks like you are new at this so whatever class you wind up in you'll run with others of same ability in the novice group...come out but don't have a FIT :) ...if you have a lot of FUN ....
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
bpror8

Post by bpror8 »

I actually ran in Novice HS the last autox at Pelli and won Novice. There were 13 other people in novice and it was my first time so that was neat!
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Depends on how you fit in.
Bob Colbert
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

You can change the wheel diameter by +/- 1 inch in Street class, but the rim width must remain the same as the stock wheel and the offset as installed must be within 7mm of a stock wheel. Any resulting change in track from a wheel meeting these requirements is allowed.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner