Post Adesa comments

Discussions related to Solo
joker717

Re: Post Adesa comments

Post by joker717 »

I had a great time as always. Yet another great course. Again STS was super fun and competitive with less than a second between five of us. I was only .037 seconds from 1st behind Bob. It was great having Mike Koty back for a day adding another Honda to the mix.
Here is my last and best run for the day any help would be great.
https://youtu.be/jwQsxUyLhGU
I have been working on being smoother with the wheel and not fighting with it, it seems to have helped
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

The coarse walked great. Wish I could have drove it. Car had other plans. I blame my mechanic spending too much time on his motorcycle. I parked it for the year because I couldn't get a sound reading before the next race and not going to show up for a dnf. Will be back next year with wings and new wiring. Maybe have the carbs figured out too.
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Thanks for the comments on the course guys. Everyone needs to also thank Dave Yoder and Sean McDonald for the work they put in.

The trophies were NICE beautiful car on the back of em too. :D - The $50 was a cool surprise

Here's my fast run - 43.919. Grip was really bad and the surface is really starting to munch tires. I understeered in a lot of places that I wouldn't normally.

https://youtu.be/mcjJU1-hFVE
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Kinetic

Post by Kinetic »

Thanks John, Dave, Sean, Chris and everyone else that puts time into making these events happen who often work behind the scenes.

I enjoyed the course, and I've enjoyed ADESA the two times I've been able to race there. Hopefully I can attend more events next year.

Here's a video of one of my runs for the day:
https://youtu.be/joAv9HwEUsQ
Kevin Lindley
'03 MR2 Spyder (blue) - ES 37
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

My attempt at trying 3rd gear on the back straight. I think the run would have been faster than all my others (possibly in the 42s) but I bodged it up. The rest of my footage was corrupt for some reason, this was the only thing salvageable on the SD card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHqco2uz9Y
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
jcoatney

Post by jcoatney »

I thought the course was great. I wish we could do the exact same one on a lot not covered in sand. I looked at some STM drivers Bridgestones after the first heat and they looked like they took a beating. I didn't have any significant wear on the BFG's. I wish Bridgestone would make some wider tires.
Jon Coatney
03 Mach 1-CAMC 99
http://www.tennfab.com/
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

90civichb wrote:...Also I apologise about timing. First time running the computer and radio at the same time, to top it off we were getting 4 cars on track at a time. Things were a bit chaotic. Ted couldn't write fast enough and by the time something was caught 4 cars were still on course, adding insult to injury. It will get better as I learn the software. Between USB port disconnectivity and row shifts I think I have seen some of the worst that can happen....I hope.
No sweat man. It happens. I appreciate you joining the timing team. Most people don't want the pressure of everything you mentioned above plus people raising hell about random things that may or may not have anything to do with timing :?
Brian Robbins
XP 45
benk

Re: RE: Re: Post Adesa comments

Post by benk »

Teufelshund wrote:
90civichb wrote:...Also I apologise about timing. First time running the computer and radio at the same time, to top it off we were getting 4 cars on track at a time. Things were a bit chaotic. Ted couldn't write fast enough and by the time something was caught 4 cars were still on course, adding insult to injury. It will get better as I learn the software. Between USB port disconnectivity and row shifts I think I have seen some of the worst that can happen....I hope.
No sweat man. It happens. I appreciate you joining the timing team. Most people don't want the pressure of everything you mentioned above plus people raising hell about random things that may or may not have anything to do with timing :?
No kidding. If nothing else you now have a true appreciation of how much work timing can be even though it looks like a super cushy gig in the middle of august when everyone else is getting sunburnt.

Chris, really enjoyed the course. Every time we try a new lot or course design in this car I'm amazed at how much grip the M has.

Also amazed at how much base rubber Vroomans bridgestone have. Some people have mistaken them for true slicks and asked me why we let him run in FS!# had a blast making a fool of myself in the purple beast. Thanks for letting me drive it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Post Adesa comments

Post by Challenger »

benk wrote:

Also amazed at how much base rubber Vroomans bridgestone have. Some people have mistaken them for true slicks and asked me why we let him run in FS!# had a blast making a fool of myself in the purple beast. Thanks for letting me drive it!

Thanks for letting me drive something a little less obese that I could actually wheel around a bit on that lot. And congratulations for essentially locking up the FS championship. If I did my math right I'd need to beat you by 1.2 seconds at the next event. Short of the skies opening up and the rivers running down the chute at Pelli that's a pretty long shot. Unless you just choke and cone all your runs ;)

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
benk

Post by benk »

Stranger things have happened.... :) If you had any meat left on those at all we would probably be in a much different situation. But there's no fat lady singing yet!

Ben Keefer
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: Post Adesa comments

Post by Challenger »

benk wrote:Stranger things have happened.... :) If you had any meat left on those at all we would probably be in a much different situation. But there's no fat lady singing yet!

Very true. Regardless of the final outcome it's been a great season and a ton of fun running so close!

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
benk

Post by benk »

Yes it has been. Great competition. I love it.

Ben Keefer
Chuck629

Post by Chuck629 »

Chuck629 wrote:Anyone find a tire pressure gauge like this?

http://pitstopusa.com/i-5057741-quickca ... gauge.html

I seemed to have lost it at some point.
Seriously, is there a lost and found or something? Did anyone find one of these?
Charlie Sykes STM #55

1991 Honda CRX SI
1990 Mazda Miata
benk

Post by benk »

Generally lost and found items are stored in the trailer. I don't know who brought it this past time though.

Ben Keefer