This Sunday will be our last at Pellissippi

Discussions related to Solo
Gen52SS

Re: This Sunday will be our last at Pellissippi

Post by Gen52SS »

Grevels wrote:
Gen52SS wrote:
Grevels wrote:I registered for the last event online and I have now forgotten how much the events cost.

How much is this event so I can make sure to have enough cash on hand to cover the registration?
$30 with SCCA membership and $45 weekend without SCCA membership number
So do you actually need to be a national member of the SCCA to race locally? NO

I am a member already and will continue to be because I believe in supporting organizations that support me. But if that is the case then it is even cheaper for someone to at least get a taste of it to see if they like it. I might try to get a few more people to come out and race by offering to pay their $35 entry. I looked in the member data base and can't find your name?

As I have been getting my $500 beater Mustang ready for tomorrow I have been telling people I talk to about how much fun this is. A lot of people who I have talked to do not realize how inexpensive it can be to race.
Looking at the registrations this morning I don't see you registered yet or your name in the data base? Did you plan on registering today? Reminder registration closes on MSR at 12 noon today. You can always register at the event tomorrow morning then I can help you and answer some of your questions. Hope to see you there.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
LauraP

Post by LauraP »

Sorry to hear. I think we finally have a car to run tomorrow. Does someone have a bike I can borrow to see the course? I'm kinda on crutches...

Last place I've seen too check out is Grainger Co HS. Look at it in maps. We may stop by on our way home tomorrow. The HS in Kingsport didn't have good pavement.
TedV

Post by TedV »

Laura, the radmini is loaded in the van for Dana. Y'all can take turns making laps until the battery dies.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Re: RE: Re: This Sunday will be our last at Pellissippi

Post by steverife »

Challenger wrote:
joker717 wrote:Has anyone ever tried Roane state in Harriman?
I thought of it and looked on google maps and from there it looks like there's too many islands. I'll take a drive by and see in person since I'm close by.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
The Oak Ridge campus has a lot that paces out to about 225'x600'ish (rounding up a bit) with not a lot of islands and other surrounding lots that could be used for grid/paddock.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
CaptJordi

Post by CaptJordi »

Sooo I have some magnets and stuff to deliver. But I'm helping a friend get ready for a wedding tomorrow. Anyone interested in meeting me somewhere in the am and taking them to the event? I'll be between north knox and alcoa!
Last edited by CaptJordi on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Jordi Dunn
Pointer Cone Photography
http://www.pointercone.com
LauraP

Post by LauraP »

TedV wrote:Laura, the radmini is loaded in the van for Dana. Y'all can take turns making laps until the battery dies.
Great. Thanks!
IsaacMTSU

Post by IsaacMTSU »

Aww man. That sucks. I have nightmares about not being able to run Pellissippi and having to run Goodguys-style courses for eternity :twisted:
http://www.ThreeSixDownhill.com
1991 Honda CRX HF (All Original) 68.45 MPG Avg
2011 Honda CR-Z HS
2003 Chevy S-10 Xtreme STX
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Just come to our smokies and Bristol events and you will be fine.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

See since the News Paper stated there would be a high end condo being built up the hill we have been doomed. We have had a proper time to play and at some times others have come into our field of dreams. I can't say they were at fault but very loud. And did not seem to care! The traction at Pelli is better than the ball park.I could go on but I'm done for now.Thanks.
Bob Colbert