Regional #12 post-event

Discussions related to Solo
lcoleman

Re: Regional #12 post-event

Post by lcoleman »

jcox07 wrote:Which tires were you testing Lucas and what did you think of them?
I picked up some Maxxis RC1s for track day stuff. R-comps will definitely take some getting used to, and a lot more heat than I got in them yesterday. Hopefully they'll wear well for hpde/TT stuff.

I think fresh 'Stones are faster, but rules are rules. :D
Lucas Coleman STM #72
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

Had a blast.

I really enjoy talking folks for ride alongs. I haven't done it much in the past.....but the comments after the last two events have been hilarious.
SSM 96/196
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

August 5th 2007

First event in the records.. I missed that one,but made the 2nd one driving Rob and Marks MR2. I sure seemed like a longer run than that to me.. but, 2007 seems like yesterday also.. :)

Been a lot of friendships based on that venue...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

tauntaun wrote:Something was up with a lot of the times.
I remember your car. Both myself and the auditor never saw a 1 in front of your codriver or, you all never put it. By the time you let us know and fixed the issue you were already 6 runs in (3rd runs for 2 driver cars). I tried to fix what I could but too much is going on for me to find all your runs and figure out what time was who's.

With that, I think we need to enforce better number/letter management. I get that sometimes people forget to change the number in front in two driver cars but, too many cars come through with tiny letter designations or colors that blend into their paint scheme. It really does make timing much more difficult, not to mention corner chief's making cone calls.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I think we need to be much more strict on bad numbers than we are. Either contrast or WRONG numbers.

and as a side note.. during my second run, I noticed the exit cone on the top lot "salom" was sitting on the end of the pointer cone..leaning at an angle. The thought crossed my mind to stop for it..but pffft.. I had a good run going. I made sure it was not counted against me afterwards..but the funny part is.........
on my third run.. the cone was STILL sitting the same way!! LOL!

nah, I didnt stop that time either.. but a car 2 behind me (I think) whacked it! I also made sure it wasnt counted toward my times..
Corner workers... watch the rear of the car.. you see those cones wobble that way
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

JB be glad you didn't hit those cones or you might have won the cone killer award this year. You finished a close second to the cone killer winner of 2016.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Re: RE: Re: Regional #12 post-event

Post by thrdeye »

90civichb wrote:
tauntaun wrote:Something was up with a lot of the times.
I remember your car. Both myself and the auditor never saw a 1 in front of your codriver or, you all never put it. By the time you let us know and fixed the issue you were already 6 runs in (3rd runs for 2 driver cars). I tried to fix what I could but too much is going on for me to find all your runs and figure out what time was who's.

With that, I think we need to enforce better number/letter management. I get that sometimes people forget to change the number in front in two driver cars but, too many cars come through with tiny letter designations or colors that blend into their paint scheme. It really does make timing much more difficult, not to mention corner chief's making cone calls.
This. Someone approached me during first heat aboit their time being incorrect and I told them to make sure they were putting the correct number on the car.

It's not hard to fix it if only one run per driver has been made but past that timing can't correct it.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

jcox07 wrote:JB be glad you didn't hit those cones or you might have won the cone killer award this year. You finished a close second to the cone killer winner of 2016.

I got 18 cones all year.. and Im 2nd?? damm. :?

agreed.. thats a lot for me.
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Well I drove like poop, but I still had fun. A good farewell to Pellissippi.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

JB, you may not have hit what is on your first 3 runs of each event and on event 6 you only had one time showing on day 2 and event 5 you missed and I didn't count event 4 for anyone, but the 2016 results page has got you with 23 and you actually tied for second with Jim Simmons. LOL
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

John Brown wrote:I think we need to be much more strict on bad numbers than we are. Either contrast or WRONG numbers.

and as a side note.. during my second run, I noticed the exit cone on the top lot "salom" was sitting on the end of the pointer cone..leaning at an angle. The thought crossed my mind to stop for it..but pffft.. I had a good run going. I made sure it was not counted against me afterwards..but the funny part is.........
on my third run.. the cone was STILL sitting the same way!! LOL!

nah, I didnt stop that time either.. but a car 2 behind me (I think) whacked it! I also made sure it wasnt counted toward my times..
Corner workers... watch the rear of the car.. you see those cones wobble that way
I noticed that cone. It was my "ace in the hole". I was ready to stop for it if I had screwed something up earlier.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: Regional #12 post-event

Post by Challenger »

90civichb wrote:

I second that with not being able to see some numbers calling in cones. Especially if you only get one look at the car going by in a slalom.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

jcox07 wrote:JB, you may not have hit what is on your first 3 runs of each event and on event 6 you only had one time showing on day 2 and event 5 you missed and I didn't count event 4 for anyone, but the 2016 results page has got you with 23 and you actually tied for second with Jim Simmons. LOL
Damn it I hate 2nd place...... How many do I have to hit for the win? :pirate:
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

UGH, that would be next year as this year is over with and we have a winner already...
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
joker717

Post by joker717 »

Had a great day yesterday. Feels good getting the win at the last ever Pellissippi event. Hopefully next season I can be a little more consistent and get a few more wins next season. Congrats to Bob on the championship for the season. Its been a fun year.
J.R. Newman
2007 Maximus Prime
1989 Civic SI hatch #98