Regional #12 post-event

Discussions related to Solo
Teufelshund

Regional #12 post-event

Post by Teufelshund »

Big thanks to the Ross boys for letting me drive the Green Rocket! From my perspective, the event went very well. The course was a lot of fun and the timing crew did a great job! Way to close the year out strong, ETR!!! :pirate:
Brian Robbins
XP 45
steverife

Re: Regional #12 post-event

Post by steverife »

Course was a lot of fun. John is going to be tough in the Focus if he sticks with it.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
DiaboJim

Post by DiaboJim »

Greta day. My thanks to everyone that helped me find my way today.
Jim Thomas
2016 GT350
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Well,!!!!!!!!! What A Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! It got dark at the end. I'm glad Mike Burke came over and ran with us.We had a quality Walter moment. A Honda won the STS class today and I'm sure the GOAT smiled down on us.Thanks for coming out to run with us today Mike. And JR a very well run race for you.Thanks everyone for the fun we have had at Pelli.
Bob Colbert
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Like many of you this location is where it all started for me. February 2014 was my first event at Pellissippi and haven't missed one since. Thanks to Ben Keefer for time and effort he put in learning course design and doing his first course yesterday. The course was basically the same thing we do at Pelli but was visually different in spots. Thanks to ALL the core people who make these events happen over the course of the year. I want to personally thank my REGISTRATION TEAM....Michael Plaster, Steve Rife, Randy Adkins and Jon Coatney for a job well done. You all did a fantastic job hope you will all come back next season and work registration again. I tried to stay to the end but forgot my battery Sunday morning had to walk and that caught up with me on 3rd run group. Don't forget to vote for club officers when posted see you at the banquet. :eating:
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Ditto to all the thoughts above. We got as many runs as we possibly could have with everyting running very smoothly. Great job!

Nice to be back in the Mustang for the last event. I didn't really take the driving as seriously but had a lot of fun. I hope all my passengers did as well. ;-)

Great driving today from Jeff! Congrats to JB on the win.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Thanks for coming to the longest ever etr autocross, I figured if this was our last time there, might as well get our money's worth out of it.

Big thanks to the chiefs for making my job easy.

Thanks also to Paul for letting me try out the 'Vette
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

Long event, lots of fun, good send off for Pellissippi. Drove an AP2 S2000 in STR this event. Super fun car but much more challenging than I expected. I was thinking big miata but, it was nothing of the sort. Looking forward to some downtime with my car and coming back next year with some more power and supporting mods.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
lcoleman

Post by lcoleman »

Course was fun (and fast!), weather was just about perfect, and we got 5 runs. It was a great send-off....I'm gonna miss that place.

Brian or whoever handles the results, will you DQ or +5 or whatever on all of my runs? I was testing tires that aren't legal for STM and I don't want to affect points unfairly.
Lucas Coleman STM #72
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Which tires were you testing Lucas and what did you think of them?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

lcoleman wrote:Course was fun (and fast!), weather was just about perfect, and we got 5 runs. It was a great send-off....I'm gonna miss that place.

Brian or whoever handles the results, will you DQ or +5 or whatever on all of my runs? I was testing tires that aren't legal for STM and I don't want to affect points unfairly.
Thanks Lucas, I'll take care of it.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Teufelshund wrote:
lcoleman wrote:Course was fun (and fast!), weather was just about perfect, and we got 5 runs. It was a great send-off....I'm gonna miss that place.

Thanks Lucas, I'll take care of it.
BTW - I didn't know what to do to fix Tyler's 2.0 second run. There was no time in the final results that would have produced that time.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Also, something was up with ES. This is a screenshot from live results that both fat boyz have agreed are accurate, but ran out of time to fix them in the dark.

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
tauntaun

Post by tauntaun »

Something was up with a lot of the times. I know Jon Hammons' (NES 83) fastest time was not counted, he ran a 66.1xx but his 2nd fastest run was what was counted. In HS, my codriver was actually recorded as winning due to my 3rd and 4th runs being double counted...my fastest and 5th run was a 68.416 but wasn't counted.

As you can see my second run disappeared, and I had my 3rd and 4th runs double counted leading to an incorrect class result. Not sure why this happened because live results were correct until late in the day. I don't compete often with ETR and don't much mind I just wanted to make sure the issue was known. The car for 142 is also recorded incorrectly but I noticed that with a lot of entries so may be a registration thing.
Sam Cafferty - #42

2001 Subaru Impreza L wagon (RS 5MT, Legacy Turbo suspension) - the "2.2RS" RIP 06-01-16
1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport - Stock AWD
1998 BMW 318ti Sport - H Street
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

Fun course - despite the bumps and hills I always liked Pelli as a local site. Its proximity to west knoxville brought a lot of new people to the sport, myself included. First autox I ever attended was Pelli in STM class.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3