General questions from new driver

Discussions related to Solo
RUAJedi

General questions from new driver

Post by RUAJedi »

I attended my first solo event at your last event of the season and I want to thank everyone for being absolutely awesome. The down side to that is now I am hooked in a bad way :D. I invited along several friends to check it out with me and I am pretty sure that you have managed to drag in 5-6 new drivers.

1) How many co-drivers can be registered to drive a single car?
2) If I bought in as a co-driver of this car could I still drive my car in another class too?
Robert Clark
95 Mustang GT
flier129

Re: General questions from new driver

Post by flier129 »

Welcome to the addiction that we wholeheartedly support!

1) For a local event the limit would be 4 drivers to a single car. Two drivers could run it in one class in the first heat and then the two other drivers could run it in a different class in the second heat.
2) Short answer, no. Mainly because it's not typical for two entries. Also, you won't have time to run two cars in a single heat and you can't run in two heats because you'll be working in one(two heats is standard).

Most common arrangement is two drivers in 1 car, in 1 class.
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
RUAJedi

Post by RUAJedi »

There are multiple classes for a single car? What class options would there be for a stock Miata...that is what they are hunting for currently.
Robert Clark
95 Mustang GT
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Usually there are multiple classes that a car is eligible for, but not to be confused with classes the car will be competitive in.

Depends on the year for the Miata. Could be: ES, STS, STR, STM, CSP, DP, SSM, XP, AM
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

flier129 wrote:Welcome to the addiction that we wholeheartedly support!

1) For a local event the limit would be 4 drivers to a single car. Two drivers could run it in one class in the first heat and then the two other drivers could run it in a different class in the second heat.
2) Short answer, no. Mainly because it's not typical for two entries. Also, you won't have time to run two cars in a single heat and you can't run in two heats because you'll be working in one(two heats is standard).

Most common arrangement is two drivers in 1 car, in 1 class.
1) While what Marcus says is possible, we don't recommend it. Two drivers should really be your max per car. The reason is, you will have to find another class that the car can run in that is in a different heat (heats aren't determined until right before we start running). Sometimes you'll luck out and sometimes you won't. In the past, timing & scoring has tried to accommodate this for special circumstances by shuffling run groups around... but don't depend on this as we have many required factors in breaking up run groups and requests such as this will get the lowest priority, especially now that we typically have 100 drivers at an event.
- Dave Disney
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

2 drivers in 1 class
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
RUAJedi

Post by RUAJedi »

Thanks, I will let the guys know so they can plan accordingly.

On a side note, I know that the event I attended was the last one for Pellissippi so we are down a venue. Has anyone looked into Knoxville Center Mall? I know that they have one anchor (Dillards) that has been closed forever which could make for about 4-5 acres of open pavement with a couple of light poles. That mall gets little traffic and it just got a new owner recently...
Robert Clark
95 Mustang GT
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

We are working on as many options as possible in the Knoxville area. They are on our list. For now, we definitely have Smokies Stadium for several events in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

Did you know we also RallyCross them Miatas? We have two more events. I run a ES 91 miata of Greg Millers on some old snow tires and we have a ball and are pretty competitive. Four drivers per car allowed here (our numbers are smaller).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Rally Boss
SeanDrives4Fun

Post by SeanDrives4Fun »

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Rally Boss