Dixie Tour Thread

Discussions related to Solo
Challenger

Re: RE: Re: Dixie Tour Thread

Post by Challenger »

MARKP wrote:
I think Jeff's Mustang thinks the cones are people. It was hungry this weekend so I fed it plenty.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[emoji38] [emoji38]

We had a blast!! I enjoyed both courses but Sunday's just seemed to sit better in my head even though I couldn't get a clean run in. I know I made multiple mistakes on my runs and can pick them out in the videos, now I just need to get them corrected. The car was capable of a much better finish, driver just wasn't. Deonna did great with the big courses and running by herself.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
steverife

Re: Dixie Tour Thread

Post by steverife »

thrdeye wrote:I still can't believe the 2 180's in the course, but, everything else was super flowing and quick, so that made up for it.
Working that station was one of the most frustrating times I've had in autocross. If somebody hit a cone on exit of the 2nd turnaround, they expected you to run across 3 lanes with another car in your station, or I guess stand in the middle of that crap. Someone would stop for a down cone and we couldn't run and pick it up because a car was approaching us.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

Anyway, impressive turn out for the club. Good to see some other people trying events.

I had a few small issues with the car pop up Saturday and I think I let that get to my head. I didn't like the course, either. I thought there was zero chance that I could get both Randy and Wes by half a second Sunday, so I thought I had zero chance at a trophy. Got a good time on my first run with a 49.3, but I was expecting the guys above me Saturday to go 48's before the day was up, so I figured that I needed mid to low 48's to even trophy. So I went for it 2nd and 3rd runs. Pretty big thrill to somehow end up 3rd.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

steverife wrote:
I had a few small issues with the car pop up Saturday and I think I let that get to my head.
Sucks doesn't it? Flipped myself out with the shifting crap. On Saturday I just made it work somehow....on Sunday I was thinking about how I could do it better and simply didn't execute.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

disneyd wrote:Speaking of CAMC, where were the CAMS and CAMT cars? It seems weird that there wouldn't be any of either, but I didn't see any on the results.
There weren't any there. Last year, CAMT had a class and CAMC didn't.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Great to see everyone. Hope etr didn't think I was being anti social. Dont get to see my old SSR folks much so was hanging with them all weekend.

Holy balls of fury... Those were two of the most fun courses I've driven in a while. My driving was slow but not bad for a first event. Could keep close to the fast guys but I at least didn't feel I sucked like normal.
Drive home was brutal and my caravan took a turn I didn't expect... Turns out gps knew a faster way home and took us from Ringgold to cleaveland the back way. Something ess going on in Chattanooga I guess.
See you guys at etr #2 most likely
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Now if the GPS could find a quicker route around Hampton and Atlanta... I lost 45 min from Hampton to inside the perimeter... no accident... just idiots.
However... if you pay for a Express Pass... you can fly right by it all. They built a single lane toll road to get around the slow traffic... Why dont they fix the problem instead??? :evil:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Yep. I'm going to look at getting the pass for next year. Traffic sucked through there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I was amazed how few cars went by in the Express lane... I bet by next year, it will be clogged up too.. :lol:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Haven't had time to post up, but I liked the Saturday course very much and Sundays course was good up till you exited the slaloms going to finish as we had to almost park the car to get it thru there. All in all a good weekend and great to see new etr faces coming out to do national events. Berry took the win in ESP as I coned my fastest runs and could make up all that time. Next up for me will be the Blytheville pro on the first weekend in May.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Yeah, that "bus stop" element sucked, but I've come to expect that there. Doesn't mean I did it will, but I expected it. Lol
Have to look at video/data this week. We're taking the new camper out this weekend, so it will rain.. and I'll have time. Ha!
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

Strano killed that bus stop. It was beautiful.

It drove pretty well in the Spyder, but then again, I didn't like Saturday's course at all.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Yeah, I watched the videos at lunchtime. He is just on a different level.
I saw some of his Saturday data compared to Mitch's run and if was a stark difference.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The bus stop was no problem at all in ice mode. :lol:
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Cool put one in at our next local event so we can like or not like it. Make it a National type element for once.
Bob Colbert