Which class would it fit?

Discussions related to Solo
Deano

Post by Deano »

I have a Mercedes 300TD. 5 cylinder turbo diesel, with intake/filter mods and exhaust mod/relocation. Newbie driver. Which class would it fit into? Thanks.
MARKP

Re: Which class would it fit?

Post by MARKP »

What year and can you be more specific about the mods? For example, is the intake/filter something like a common cold air intake or have you changed the intake manifold? On the exhaust side, any changes to the manifold or emissions equipment? Turbo mods?
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Deano

Post by Deano »

84 model. Factory air filter removed and ductwork and K&N cone filter installed. No manifold changes. Exhaust is hoodstacked, turbo car. Aftermarket inline filter. No other changes
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Can someone tell me what class an Ariel Atom 3 would run currently he registered in STR
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
thrdeye

Re: RE: Re: Which class would it fit?

Post by thrdeye »

Gen52SS wrote:Can someone tell me what class an Ariel Atom 3 would run currently he registered in STR
probably AM.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

:rockon:
Paul Breitweiser
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

that's just a guess.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

STM if on 140tw tires.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TedV

Post by TedV »

Did the atom make it for XP? Crap.. I gotta read the rule book. Time to go on a run for alcohol.. sigh
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thewelder

Post by thewelder »

No can't run XP. Scca won't let the lotus 7 play there either. I think they approved the Adam to run in EM but not sure. Locally run it in STM. I would run that class if my tires were legal.
*Chad Summey*

E mod 78 lotus seven clone.
Broomwagon

Post by Broomwagon »

Just FYI - from the revised SCCA automobile categories most BMW's were moved to D Street from F Street except for the e46 and e9X M3's and some of the 3 liter turbo 6's and the 335d.

So I guess this means the wagon (e91 328i AWD) is out of F Street and on to D Street. Not that it matters to me all that much and I'm happy to stay in F Street if there are major objections. I've found most people don't object when pack fodder makes a lateral move, though.
Steve Rider BS 4
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Broomwagon wrote:Just FYI - from the revised SCCA automobile categories most BMW's were moved to D Street from F Street except for the e46 and e9X M3's and some of the 3 liter turbo 6's and the 335d.

So I guess this means the wagon (e91 328i AWD) is out of F Street and on to D Street. Not that it matters to me all that much and I'm happy to stay in F Street if there are major objections. I've found most people don't object when pack fodder makes a lateral move, though.
Steve...I don't care where you run but it looks like D Street would be the new home. Looks like locally F Street is slowly dying many of us have moved on.
Paul Breitweiser
Stingon

Post by Stingon »

Hi all, new member here. I have a '99 Miata, no mods except that I have 15" wheels... so, What class would I be in?
Doug Porter

1999 Miata, emerald green
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

Stingon wrote:Hi all, new member here. I have a '99 Miata, no mods except that I have 15" wheels... so, What class would I be in?
I'm sure the Miata boys & gals will chime in but E Street seems likely. Don't worry too much about classification you will start out as a novice running with a group of drivers with little or no experience. Hopefully you can make our next event.
Paul Breitweiser
benk

Re: RE: Re: Which class would it fit?

Post by benk »

Gen52SS wrote:
Broomwagon wrote:Just FYI - from the revised SCCA automobile categories most BMW's were moved to D Street from F Street except for the e46 and e9X M3's and some of the 3 liter turbo 6's and the 335d.

Steve...I don't care where you run but it looks like D Street would be the new home. Looks like locally F Street is slowly dying many of us have moved on.
D street does seem to be getting a lot more attention this year. Doesn't hurt that a lot of f street cars were moved into it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH