NEWB question about this weekend

Discussions related to Solo
Stingon

NEWB question about this weekend

Post by Stingon »

This will be my first event. Can anyone give me a guestimate as to how long it will last. Looking at the times last month I see well over 100 entrants getting 6 runs each... seems like at least 600 minutes there (10 hours). Is that right?

Thanks
Doug Porter

1999 Miata, emerald green
disneyd
Site Admin

Re: NEWB question about this weekend

Post by disneyd »

We have multiple cars on course, started 20ish seconds apart. So, there is quite a bit of overlap. You should plan to be there most of the day though. I would recommend arriving no later than 9am so you can get your car tech'ed, register, and walk the course several times. We usually finish up around 4 or 5, depending on various factors.
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

Stingon wrote:This will be my first event. Can anyone give me a guestimate as to how long it will last. Looking at the times last month I see well over 100 entrants getting 6 runs each... seems like at least 600 minutes there (10 hours). Is that right?

Thanks
We can't always do this, but ideally we send a car every 20-25 seconds maybe. With worker changes and delays and all, I'd guess 6 or 7 hours, not counting the time you put in before the event.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Stingon

Post by Stingon »

Thanks!!! The wife is wondering how much free time she has during the day, lol
Doug Porter

1999 Miata, emerald green
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Would the average man worry about that?
Bob Colbert
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Glad to have you coming out for your first event. Registration check in starts at 8am. I recommend giving yourself extra time since it's your first time. Getting numbers on car and tech then taking opportunity to do the novice walk with our novice instructor. He will give great instruction and many pointers to help you out on course. Good luck and welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Randy Adkins
TedV

Post by TedV »

Welcome. If you have questions at the event, asking someone wearing an ETR SCCA t-shirt should get you a quick answer. Most importantly, have fun!
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Have fun!
Bob Colbert