Blytheville Pro

Discussions related to Solo
Scoob

Re: Blytheville Pro

Post by Scoob »

I'll be driving out Thursday evening, too. Probably stopping around Nashville for the night then finishing the drive in the am. No need for me to be there before noon anyway.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

What's a good place to stay around there?
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
RIP: 13 ASP 2002 911
RIP: 13 ST 1991 Saab 900
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Any place with available rooms? Choice has a hotel in town where we stay. Econo lodge or quality inn I think. Really only used for sleeping and showering.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Lin and I will be leaving out about 10:30 am Thursday and we will save paddock space for all of ETR peeps.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Thanks, Jeff. I'll be there by 2 pm on Friday. I hope they're still running a practice course. I really, really need seat time.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

I'll be leaving sometime on Friday, best case arriving around 5pm but more likely around 8pm.
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Leaving Thursday evening, hopefully by 6
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

Same for us. Thursday

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

No one else has restarted this thread, so I will. After driving through incredible thunderstorms and 40+ mph winds, the weather in Blytheville was as perfect as it gets. Yes, we had strong winds there on Friday and Saturday, but the temps were perfect and few clouds got in the way of the sun. ETR had a pretty sizable contingent covering a wide range of classes. And there were several folks for whom this was their first ProSolo event, so much learning was happening. Some cars broke (a few times) and some of us ran out of fuel at inopportune times :o , but I think everyone had a good time.

I gotta say that I think Harp has found the right car and tires. Driving the wheels off that Miotter and Paxing 6th overall. Very impressive. And it must be said that the Miotter got a spin more than a few times with the other drivers... The XP folks looked to be having a lot of fun and learned a lot about tires and oil and concrete. Deonna improved with just about every run and I think she had a great time. All I'll say about Bump4 is that I leapfrogged JY Sunday morning after finding the right setup on the kart.

edit: I forgot the AS boys: Kristo apparently likes his new ride, trophying in his first event in the Grand Sport! John was only a second behind him.

For future reference, don't go to the Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. :D
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

It was great seeing everyone out there this weekend! Thanks to everyone who helped us newbies out and showed us the ropes. It was a fast pace but once we got in the flow we loved it. For anyone who's thinking about trying a Pro, do it! Deonna did have a blast and definitely wants to do more. She managed to outdo me and cut a 2.096 60 ft time.[emoji50] The courses were open and fast and a blast to drive. The added element of lining up next to someone for a drag start was a little overwhelming at first in the practice starts but once competition runs started just made it that much more exciting. Even if i never noticed who was lined up next to me. [emoji38] Couldn't have asked for better weather or a better gang to hang out with. Congrats to Chris on the first place finish.

Wonder if the Mexican restaurant ever found their remote? [emoji23]

Steve Vrooman
JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

My learning curve on the corvette continues. First time with the car on concrete, and second dry event, and it had bad oversteer everywhere saturday. I struggled a lot with the corner entry oversteer and ended up getting off line pretty much every run. Made some shock adjustments for sunday and it felt well balanced but I coned away my good left side run. It's much easier to lose huge chunks of time in the vette compared to everything else I've driven.
83 AS 2008 Corvette Z06
31 STR Miata
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

First, big thanks to JY for being our team leader and cheerleader. I enjoy giving him a fair amount of shit here and there, but travel events definitely would not be as fun without him and Lin being there and the work they put in to make sure everyone has a good of an experience as possible.

So great hanging out with everyone this weekend. This was pretty much the perfect prosolo if it was your first time at one. Pretty much zero timing issues and lots of cool cars and really deep talent in most classes. All of you first timers did great - Pros are overwhelming and you all learned and did great. Ryan was looking good out there too, no DFL!

Congrats to Kristo for trophying his first time as an official American citizen in a by god american V8! Good to see he got the memo on what cars are acceptable to drive during his initiation.

Have to thank Robert Carpenter for helping me build some confidence and realize that you don't have to do what everyone else does to be fast. I had a great weekend and something clicked. I have a level of trust in the car that I didn't have before and the car is really good. BTW, Rob was .300 off of STR times on one side, but very dirty. I'm looking forward to continuing to push these BFG's, especially on concrete.

I made it to the second round of the Super challenge. After we swapped sides I was .080 down to an AS Vette. I knew I had to go for it, and redlighted with a .468 or something like that.

No way I can get to Spring Nationals, so I may try to get into the Toledo Pro if I can and see where the year takes me with ProSolo.
Chris Harp
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

thrdeye wrote:
No way I can get to Spring Nationals, so I may try to get into the Toledo Pro if I can and see where the year takes me with ProSolo.
How does the wait list work for Pro events? How late will you get notified of cancelations?

Steve Vrooman
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I've never been on one. Not sure.
Chris Harp
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

You will be notified up to the last 3-5 days before the event or sooner depending on who drops out and when they drop out.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500