racing

Discussions related to Solo
Saabdoc

racing

Post by Saabdoc »

Hello everyone. I've been out of racing for a few years. Was going to check the schedule, and see if I could find a race. I didn't see anything at Pellissippi College. Are we not racing there anymore? Is there anything closer and sooner than Bristol?
Scoob

Re: racing

Post by Scoob »

Pelli State is history thanks to noise complaints. Smokies Stadium and Bristol are the two currently active sites. Bristol is worth the effort for the size of the courses we can run there. We are hosting two National events there over the July 4th weekend this year.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

Saabdoc wrote:Hello everyone. I've been out of racing for a few years. Was going to check the schedule, and see if I could find a race. I didn't see anything at Pellissippi College. Are we not racing there anymore? Is there anything closer and sooner than Bristol?
There is one at the end of this month at Smokies and then a few at Bristol throughout the summer. Adesa is still on the list as well.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey
Saabdoc

Post by Saabdoc »

Scoob wrote:Pelli State is history thanks to noise complaints. Smokies Stadium and Bristol are the two currently active sites. Bristol is worth the effort for the size of the courses we can run there. We are hosting two National events there over the July 4th weekend this year.
Dang. I liked racing at the college. They had the decibel meter set up there. I would like to find some events to do several weekends in a row. I found some things in the Chattanooga area, and the Nashville area. Where is there to go thats not a 2-3 hour drive from Knoxville?
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Saabdoc wrote: Where is there to go thats not a 2-3 hour drive from Knoxville?
Smokies is your only option there. Everything in surrounding states is at least 2 hours. Milton frank in Huntsville is definitley worth the drive.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3