LIST

Discussions related to Solo
oldmuscle69

LIST

Post by oldmuscle69 »

So I See I have been dropped off the list of whatever for driving the van around the rain soaked course today. Well I drove a race prepped car to the event today and it was no fun. I also saw several wrecks along the way. I was even passed along the way by several club members. I got to the event site and was even more soaked with rain. Then timing was set up and there was a problem once we were looking for the finish in the rain while driving the van and soaking cold that goes with this type of rain.(once the core is cold you get sick) then the equipment was set up so there was timing.
Bob Colbert
Miata22

Re: LIST

Post by Miata22 »

Thanks for helping out. Wished you would have stayed and played in the rain with us for a couple more hours. It was actually fun event, fast pace and safe.
Randy Adkins
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

No Bob not dropped from driving the van, but yes you can't drive around the course in the van. If you would have not drove the course as it was designed then no problem, but you drove the entire course as it was laid out to run. You can drive straight to start and straight to finish and that is no problem, but you can not navigate the course.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MARKP

Re: RE: Re: LIST

Post by MARKP »

jcox07 wrote:No Bob not dropped from driving the van, but yes you can't drive around the course in the van. If you would have not drove the course as it was designed then no problem, but you drove the entire course as it was laid out to run. You can drive straight to start and straight to finish and that is no problem, but you can not navigate the course.
Exactly. And that is exactly how it was explained to you and Jeff.

Additionally, the timer boxes were already set at the finish. How did that happen if you were looking for the finish?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Yep I figured and know it is not allowed, but I was not running and just wanted a look. We did not run anyone over cause we were at walking pace (or close to it) And I have gotten new glasses that seem, to make everything new and very clear. I have caught myself cutting around cars while getting into a turn lane and then thinking how did I just miss them. Surprised no paint transfer. See y'all at Bristol.
Bob Colbert
jeffrey jones 67

Post by jeffrey jones 67 »

Sry my fault I was at the wheel it wont happen again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk