Event 3 name change "Game of Buoys"

Discussions related to Solo
RxCritical

Event 3 name change "Game of Buoys"

Post by RxCritical »

I wanted to thank everyone that showed up to help or participate in our inaugural BoatCross!
Everyone got valuable wet driving experience! :)
What we did learn was that we could put on a safe, efficient event with only 25 drivers.
We started at 1015, 6 runs, no one hit a curb and we were packed up leaving the lot at 1245.
Again thanks to everyone that helped!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
jcox07

Re: Event 3 name change "Game of Buoys"

Post by jcox07 »

Great wet event and I am glad I went as it was valuable experience for wet runs as in Lincoln it usually rains and some are not prepared for it, so all in all a good event.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
benk

Post by benk »

Yeah the event went really well for the conditions, no timing issues, no curbing issues, we really got a lot of value out of the experience being able to learn the limits of the car in the wet, not my best driving by far as the course had some challenges that were really good but a great experience. Thanks to everyone who stuck around, got wet and cold working the course. Great that this club can pull out an event in those conditions instead of cancelling.

Also huge congratulations to Mr. Disney for manhandling that corvette for FTD. I wish I could have seen some of the runs.
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

I think I've had 3 wet events this year so far, otherwise I would have been more motivated to be there. As it was, we stayed with friends in Atlanta on the way back form a concert.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
disneyd
Site Admin

Post by disneyd »

benk wrote:Also huge congratulations to Mr. Disney for manhandling that corvette for FTD. I wish I could have seen some of the runs.
Thanks! It was pretty much: a little more throttle, a little more throttle, nope (spinning), nope, turn, a little more throttle... etc.
- Dave Disney
steverife

Post by steverife »

So much of why I autocross these days is social, so I have to say rain really puts a damper on these events for me.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
MARKP

Re: RE: Re: Event 3 name change "Game of Buoys"

Post by MARKP »

benk wrote: Great that this club can pull out an event in those conditions instead of cancelling.
I couldn't agree more. Thanks to everyone that helped out. I know most did more than their typical work assignment.

Hey Dave, I think you have knocked the rust off. Nice job on FTD.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
michael.plaster

Post by michael.plaster »

I'm glad I didn't skip out.

I was convinced that Rife had FTD. I worked down at the bottom turn around and Rife's car seriously looked like he was driving in the dry. I also had a pretty good view of everyone running through the river in the slalom... too bad I didn't have my camera because it looked awesome.
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette
michael.plaster

Post by michael.plaster »

Also, here's a video of JR and my fastest runs in STS. I don't think I did too bad for that being my first ever experience in a FWD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoB50-25f2g
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette
steverife

Post by steverife »

michael.plaster wrote:I'm glad I didn't skip out.

I was convinced that Rife had FTD. I worked down at the bottom turn around and Rife's car seriously looked like he was driving in the dry. I also had a pretty good view of everyone running through the river in the slalom... too bad I didn't have my camera because it looked awesome.
My after the 3rd runs were close, but I really felt like I was losing in the turn around. I didn't really account for a rolling grid and idling the car for an hour, so I had less than half a tank and got fuel starve the time I tried to accelerate through the turn around.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

steverife wrote:
My after the 3rd runs were close, but I really felt like I was losing in the turn around. I didn't really account for a rolling grid and idling the car for an hour, so I had less than half a tank and got fuel starve the time I tried to accelerate through the turn around.
I wished I'd known you needed gas. I'd gladly gave you the extra half a tank/weight I had in my car. I think that's the most fuel I've ever had in my car on Autocross day. :lol:
Randy Adkins
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I need a full tank in my car to help get traction. We can tell when the car is getting low on gas as the times generally go up.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500