**DRAGCROSS REGISTRATION**

Discussions related to Solo
eunos735

Re: **DRAGCROSS REGISTRATION**

Post by eunos735 »

I just don't get the format. And from what I understand, it's nothing like bracket racing.

Your times aren't blind during qualifying in bracket racing, you aren't bared from running data during bracket racing and having a car that can run 8 second quarters and running a throttle stop that lets you run consistent 9.90's on your dial-in also isn't something that will get your times "wiped out"

Entering a contest where you don't fully understand the rules and cant fully exploit your and your cars abilities is simply donating money to someone else's pocket book.

And that sand bagging rule part where an un-named official gets to go take a "balls out run" in my car to reset my dial in just isn't going to happen. There aren't many people I am comfortable letting just hop in my car and go all out....and especially on that bumpy lot. I'd require a $1,000 deposit from the driver before the run to cover any potential damages that occurred....so yea. Great concept and I like the idea. This one just isn't for me.
SSM 96/196
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Everyone is way over thinking this. It's alot like the match tour challenge. Your dial in is what you run not someone else's dial in and stay closer to your dial in than the others and you keep moving forward. In the top dog challenge at bms I broke out 9 tenths of a second on a 52 ish second course so if that happens during the cash cross I only have 6 tenths left to break out. So a 32ish on one side and a 37 ish on the other side their isn't much room to break out unless you truly are sand bagging which since the money is so big we are trying to prevent that.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

yea, I agree...

err body is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over thinking this event.

1. go as fast as you can possibly go.
2. set your dial in..
3. consistantly get as close to that time as you can but dont exceed it by more than 1.5 seconds over both courses..
4. WIN!

how hard is that??

*o yea...
5. drink cold beerz
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

It's not that simple John.

"As fast as I can possibly go" on that lot when it is green is seconds slower than "as fast as I can possibly go" once it's clean. Both Randall and I sped up way more than 1.5 seconds over the match tour. The ONLY way to be consistent is to run 90% and the way I read the rules....that would be "Sand bagging" which would trigger some yet to be named "dude" jumping in my car for a fun run....and that just "aint gonna happen"

My Qualifying run at the Match Tour was a 50.3....in the first round of the challenge I ran a 48.5.....just saying.

If someone has a open seat in a street class car....I'd be interested.....but from the rule-set and the format......it's just isn't going to work out for me to bring my car.
SSM 96/196
steverife

Post by steverife »

If you approach it like John said, you are getting beat in the bracket. Bristol gets faster with runs, so anyone who isn't sandbagging is going to break out over the course of 5 matchups in the bracket....especially if you do your dial in 1st heat and you are running a cool, damp course like on Tuesday. Winning is going to take dumb luck or sandbagging.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I thought most folks went slower as it heated up Monday.. no?

My heat did. I did. my closest competitor did...

ps.. Id rather be Lucky, as good... any day! :lol:

and.. I doubt we get to find out anyway. :(
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

on the "dude" driving any ones car to prove sand bagging.. I dont think would ever work. Unless they got several runs in a car..or the owner/driver was being really slow/stupid.

TOMO , I dont think could just jump in Erics car and go faster in 1 run.
steverife

Post by steverife »

Everyone at the top of my class went faster Monday afternoon, but I was talking about Tuesday. Most people seemed to be breaking out in the challenge, especially the 1st heat people. If we did the break out thing in the Underdog Challenge, I'm not sure anyone would have been left.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

....and Eric and I talked about the driver hopping into the car thing.

Even though I drive pretty much the simplest autocross class, I'm not putting anyone in the car a month before nats and risk hurting the clutch or breaking something with wheelhop on that surface.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

You all are also NOT considering the courses will not be 50 seconds per side and yea you can go maybe 1.5 seconds faster on a course that big and not many is considering the courses will only be 28-32 seconds on one side and the other will be 32-37 seconds so you won't be able to get a whole lot faster since the courses are so short, unless you really are sand bagging. The courses won't be tight stuff but more like a flowing pro type course. I don't foresee anyone having their car driven by me or Scott as I would hope everyone went as fast as they could and let that settle who wins.
Edit: the lot will be clean as NO ONE TOOK A RUN WITH THE LOT DIRTY AT THE DOUBLE AND IF SOME ONE THINKS THEY TOOK A RUN ON A DIRTY LOT THEY ARE CRAZY.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
eunos735

Post by eunos735 »

Data and video disagrees with that.

My car was throwing a rooter tail of "dust" even on Tuesday
SSM 96/196
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Not sure where it came from next time I'll just leave it completely trashed and see how it works then I watched almost every bit of the first runs in run group one and with my old eyes didn't see any dirt or debris of any kind. I am sure after run group one there could have been rubber build up and pebbles from asphalt abrasion that was out there off of the line that run group one established and that's just the way it always goes even at nationals. I wished they would clean after every run group but they don't and time doesn't allow for that.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2010 GT500
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Ya'll have fun I'll see what Sunday brings. Oh that means points. Gonna get me a few more. Ish Ish Ish Boy Oh Boy.
Bob Colbert
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Just as a data point, I did not get faster than my morning runs on Tuesday. I didn't even get within
.5 of my fastest run.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

jcox07 wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:19 pm You all are also NOT considering the courses will not be 50 seconds per side and yea you can go maybe 1.5 seconds faster on a course that big and not many is considering the courses will only be 28-32 seconds on one side and the other will be 32-37 seconds so you won't be able to get a whole lot faster since the courses are so short, unless you really are sand bagging.
So at bare minimum, you'll have 10 seconds MORE worth of course to improve on, making it EASIER to break out than on a regular 50 second course. Unless someone told me wrong, and the limit is 1.5 seconds per course, not all together
Brian Robbins
XP 45