Your club needs you!! A call for Chiefs

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Your club needs you!! A call for Chiefs

Post by MARKP »

Have you been coming to the Solo events and wondering how you get to be one of the people "in charge"? Here is your opportunity to help make our events even more successful.

Here's where we need some help. We need a few people to step up as Chiefs of a few disciplines. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to do this at every event but you would be responsible for making sure the duty gets covered at every event, even if you aren't there. Here are the descriptions:

Worker Chief - get a couple of people trained to effectively handle worker check in. You or someone on your crew will be responsible for making sure everyone works, that the worker stations are stocked with supplies before the event, and that the workers are doing what they need to be doing (getting cones, red flags, etc.

Chief of Equipment Setup - get a couple of people effectively trained to set up and tear down the systems needed to run the events. This includes radios, timing system, PA system. If anything needs to be serviced, you will need to either help service it or let others know a system needs work.

Chief of Social Media / Promotion - This is a new position. Paul Breitweiser has been doing this in addition to registration. He is backing off this part of it so we need someone to handle this. This position is as critical to our events being successful as the rest of the duties. You will be responsible for promoting our events on social media (Facebook, etc). It would be great if you have ideas on other ways we can get the word out about the SCCA (Secret Car Club of America) and our events. I can see you possibly spending 1-3 hours per week during the season getting the word out. This would be counted as your work assignment for the events that you promote. Feel free to get an assistant if you want. Paul would probably even help by giving you some information on what he was doing and how he was doing it. *Edited this section*

Please note, you are not expected to perform these duties at every event. You would be expected to have someone that can step in if you can't be at an event and perform the duty in the same manner you would do it. These are important things and they help our club and events run smoothly. Even if you have no experience, we will happily get you trained.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of these positions. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by MARKP on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Gen52SS

Re: Your club needs you!! A call for Chiefs

Post by Gen52SS »

I would be willing to train the person how to set-up events using MotorSportReg at my home or yours if not too far away. Or other means if out of Knoxville area. Also will help you during the 2018 season until you get the hang of using the MSR site.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The Solo Committee has decided the Chief of Social Media and Promotion position should be considered a work assignment for the events that you promote. Submit your applications!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

Any one want to learn set up so you know how to do it correctly and watch out for the speaking thing?
Bob Colbert