Dragcross!!

Discussions related to Solo
MARKP

Dragcross!!

Post by MARKP »

Most of you probably know ETR is hosting a Dragcross again this year, on April 29th. If you didn't attend last year, you missed a really good time. We are in the process of getting everything up to date on MSR and opening registration. I thought I would give you guys an advance look at the rules that will be posted on MSR in the next couple of days. It is very similar to last year with a few minor tweaks.

DRAGCROSS RULES

THIS EVENT WILL BE LIMITED TO 78 DRIVERS. YOUR ENTRY FEE MUST BE PAID AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION AND THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS. A WAIT LIST WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR DRIVERS THAT ARE NOT THE FIRST 78 TO REGISTER.

Normal SCCA autocross rules apply except as noted below:
The event will consist of a drag race start with two totally different courses from side to side. There will be a standard drag race tree with prestage and stage lights, three yellows and green and red lights. There will be three different parts, or “rounds”, to the event. Round 1: Setting your dial-in. Round 2: Qualifying. Round 3: Eliminations. There will be no display or announcement of times. This is a “blind” event. Timing and scoring will keep track of times and any applicable penalties but, again, they will not be available to the competitors until after the event. Timing and scoring decisions will be final and will not be protestable.

Setting your dial in:
You will make 3 runs to set your dial-in. Your dial in will be your fastest RAW TIME from each side, added together. This means cones don’t count for this round but they will count for qualifying and eliminations. Also, something to keep in mind for the qualifying and elimination rounds… if you go more than 1.5 seconds faster than your original dial-in, you will be disqualified, so don’t sandbag!! In the event that a competitor DNFs all their runs in this round, they will be given a dial in of the fastest raw times from this round, less 5 seconds.

Qualifying:
Cones count!! You will make 2 runs on each side. The top 30 drivers that run closest to their dial-ins will qualify for the final round. There will be two wildcard drivers that will also move on to the final round. Any driver that goes faster than their dial-in, will receive a new dial-in based on their new fastest times. A DNF in this round is like a DNF at a regular autocross. A driver that has a DNF in each of their two paired runs will not be able to move on to the elimination round unless they are chosen as one of the two wildcard drivers.

Eliminations:
Cones count!! This will be single elimination. You have to beat who you are lined up against on dial-in!! There will be 2 groups of 16 drivers. We will run elimination brackets until we have 4 drivers remaining. At this point, the 4 drivers will be paired up by draw. Places 1-4 will be determined by how close they are to their dial-ins on their final pairings. A DNF in this round will be an immediate disqualification. In the event that both competitors DNF on a run, the first one to incur the penalty will be disqualified and the other competitor will move on.

Other things you need to know:
Again, cones count only for rounds 2 and 3. Cones are +2 seconds on your time. Red lights in any round are an automatic DNF. In the event that a competitor gets a “bye run”, they are not allowed to sit out. That run must be taken. Standard red flag procedures will apply. Reruns will only be allowed if a competitor did not DNF earlier in the run. A competitor can not benefit if they caused their own red flag and a rerun will not be granted in the event that this happens. Two driver cars are allowed. If both drivers end up paired together at some point, the drivers will run unpaired and there will be a cool down time between drivers. Due to the nature of this event, classes and car prep level don’t matter much except for the PAX award, noted below. All cars will have to pass the standard SCCA tech inspection.

Trophies:
If the event fills up, cash awards will be as follows:
1st place - $1000
2nd Place - $750
3rd Place - $500
4th Place $300
In the dial in round, there will be two cash prizes awarded. One for the fastest raw time and one for the fastest PAX index time. Prizes for these awards will be $150 each.
If the event does not fill up, cash awards will be reduced accordingly.
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
TedV

Re: Dragcross!!

Post by TedV »

Will the time start once you break the beam like last year or once the Christmas tree light turns green?
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I vote when the tree turns green...
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross »

Do you know what the entry fee will be?

Bob Ross 42
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The equipment won't let us start the time on green. It is when you break the beam.

Entry fee is $90.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Gen52SS

Post by Gen52SS »

I got it updated this morning with the rules and schedule will open today if that's okay 👌 on the road right now will will have it open before midnight.
Paul Breitweiser
2016 STX Champion FRS Raven Black
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Thanks Paul!

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Hmm, $150 for fastest raw time... But Bluhvul.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Save money by staying home and collecting $150?

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
TedV

Post by TedV »

Scoob wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:56 am Hmm, $150 for fastest raw time... But Bluhvul.
You need to head over to Blahvul :wink: 8) :D
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Fighting the Foo that weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Phil Smith

Post by Phil Smith »

I see for the dial in we will get 3 runs for dial in. That works fine for all of the pro drivers. Last year if i remember correctly we got 5 runs for dial in. For the no pro-drives that is not insignificant. Last year I made the finals and i am sure that having 5 runs for dial in was critical for machining finals. For the less experienced drivers it takes more than 3 runs to get dialed in
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

No, the dial ins were 2 runs to start with but we went with 3 runs cause we had plenty of time.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Phil, you might be thinking of 5 runs total (on each side) before eliminations. That's what we did last year.

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Registration is now open! https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/et ... see-450626

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club