Dixie National... the Official Thread.

Discussions related to Solo
disneyd
Site Admin

Re: Dixie National... the Official Thread.

Post by disneyd »

thrdeye wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:48 am Speaking of - you might want to see what Strano says about his Corvette. Something in the trans went wrong at Dixie and he had to put it on the trailer.
It'll be interesting hear what happened from him. There is actually a worrying amount of stuff under the C6Z that a cone could potentially wreck (coolers and lines for every fluid the car has). I really try to avoid center punching cones in the car.
- Dave Disney
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

It was power steering related. It was a minor drip with the car running until you turned the steering wheel. As soon as you turned the wheel it created a puddle, quickly!

It was something under the engine, behind the cross member. It was not something that could be seen with the car on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Good to know. Haven't heard that
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Video. Forgot to turn mic on for D2

The Hack (me):
D1 - https://youtu.be/yV2VgVVaHKk
D2 - https://youtu.be/SEHobEpI4eg

The Alien (Andrew):
D1 - https://youtu.be/om6UvlTz-pw
D2 - https://youtu.be/_iDhAI5EegQ
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

I think there is less shifting in a shifter kart...
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

disneyd wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:30 am
Interesting that the same trans is used in the Mustang as well as the later model C6 Corvettes.
You might find this interesting too...

The earlier 6 speed was the T56 - used in Viper, Mustang, Corvette, Camaro, Firebird, GTO, Cadillac CTS-V, and others.

Although they were all "T56", the internal parts only interchanged between specific groups (about 40 different varieties of T56).

In general parts could go between Viper, Mustang, Camaro, and Firebird transmissions - or between Cadillac, GTO, and Corvette transmissions.

But an input shaft from a Camaro or Mustang does not interchange with an input shaft for Corvette or Cadillac.

Because the bearings + synchros are set up completely different for no apparent reason (but all still "T56", and the outside cases are pretty much identical).

But you'd never know that without taking the transmission apart...

I don't know for certain if there are similar variations in TR6060s, but I suspect there probably are.

Just a notification that transmission internals can vary wildly (and not simply because of gear ratios).
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

TedV wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:12 pm I think there is less shifting in a shifter kart...
Yeah, maybe. All I can do is A)Start buying STR parts (62mph!!!) or B)take Pallotta's approach and embrace the challenge of shifting. On day one, I got the 3>2 heel toe right once (about :40 in the vid). It does feel good when you get it.The trick is doing it in a straight line.

You can see Andrew is pretty dang good at it, being able to enter a slalom almost perfectly and doing the 3>2 on entry very early on the day 1 course.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
steverife

Post by steverife »

When I asked him to take a run in my car at t&t at nats in '15, he downshifted in the slalom without me even realizing it. I was trying to guess where he'd downshift and I was like, "Oh, it's in 2nd now."
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
90civichb

Post by 90civichb »

thrdeye wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm drew is pretty dang good at it, being able to enter a slalom almost perfectly and doing the 3>2 on entry very early on the day 1 course.
That was some very impressive shifting. At first I thought the audio wasn't in sync since I didn't even notice a change in posture or steering angle but you could hear the rev-match.
Check out some of the build.
https://www.youtube.com/user/90civichb
Cody Yankey