Club Training, need a conference room for 1 hour

Discussions related to Solo
BrianChevy

Club Training, need a conference room for 1 hour

Post by BrianChevy »

Do any of our club members work in West Knoxville and have access to a conference room after work 1 evening? We want to do some very brief (1 hour MAX including dinner) training for potential permanent corner captains, but we need a room with a projector. (we will leave the room SPOTLESS)

Mark Pilson and I are thinking like 7pm, west knoxville -- dinner provided and the result would be most all trained persons would not have to chase cones again. (That is because the person with the Flag and Radio do NOT shag cones).

So if your knees are like mine and you don't want to chase cones OR if you like FREE pizza, this might be for you.

Of course, we need a conference room for 1 hour from 7-8 pm in the next month or so.

thoughts? email me. blarose@vmware.com

Thanks for considering the club with your resources.

Brian & Mark.
<>
Miata22

Re: Club Training, need a conference room for 1 hour

Post by Miata22 »

It's not in west knoxville but barleys in Maryville has a nice banquet room with projection screen that we can get for free. They also have really good pizza. I'm in a car club that meets there once a month and it's always great service with total private room. It will hold 50+.
Randy Adkins
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Miata22 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 pm It's not in west knoxville but barleys in Maryville has a nice banquet room with projection screen that we can get for free. They also have really good pizza. I'm in a car club that meets there once a month and it's always great service with total private room. It will hold 50+.
When i got the room the one time, it was "free" on the condition that the server got at least $50 in tips. So what they did for us was added an 18% gratuity to our bills. Just a heads up in case we dont get the numbers to compensate the server adequately.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
steverife

Post by steverife »

Buck05Sti wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:31 am
Miata22 wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:42 pm It's not in west knoxville but barleys in Maryville has a nice banquet room with projection screen that we can get for free. They also have really good pizza. I'm in a car club that meets there once a month and it's always great service with total private room. It will hold 50+.
When i got the room the one time, it was "free" on the condition that the server got at least $50 in tips. So what they did for us was added an 18% gratuity to our bills. Just a heads up in case we dont get the numbers to compensate the server adequately.
So you got the room for free AND gave smaller tips?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Not sure that the turnout will be very good, but it is worth a try.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

There's a good chance that the people that show up are the same core group that always does, which won't accomplish much in regard to training corner chiefs.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

The idea is that we communicate with tje people that are or want to be corner captains. The ones that are already chiefs of something or are already doing another duty consistently are not our target.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Bob Ross

Post by Bob Ross »

Why not go thru the last 3 event entrants or even the last one and pick out some names and invite them to the meeting. Alot of them may be reluctant volunteers but may step up if ask ?
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

I like the idea of training them. What if we preset our corner captains just after running order is decided because it also generates work assignment sheets at the same time. Then have safety Stewart have a 5-10min safety meeting with corner captains before sessions start. Most people that are not novices should be available to learn this position. I know some don’t like responsibility but would be willing to if asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Randy Adkins
BrianChevy

Post by BrianChevy »

I am 100% in agreement with Randy. If we can find a way to make it happen, then that would work out better doing it at the day of the event.

Brian
<>
benk

Post by benk »

I think we go both directions. Hour training session for people who want a dedicated corner captain spot. 5 minute recal meeting at the trailer with timing/safety after workers are assigned just to recap and address if theres a non-dedicated corner captain.

More information is never bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

You might want to put together a one or two page handout/manual for reference. Station Captain training for road racing is mixed. DC Region, for example, has captain-in-training for experienced workers. It's part of their requirement for a National F&C license. The CiT is in charge of the station, but an experienced captain backs him up. Other regions are not as formal.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

We can't guarantee anyone a dedicated corner worker spot, but it would be nice to get several people trained
Brian Robbins
XP 45
benk

Post by benk »

Teufelshund wrote:We can't guarantee anyone a dedicated corner worker spot, but it would be nice to get several people trained
Well not completely guarenteed...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : STH
BrianChevy

Post by BrianChevy »

I'm going to go with Dewitt's Idea here and go ahead and move forward to put together a little 1/2 page laminated CORNER CAPTAIN TIPS page - Mark Pilson and I are owning this and they will appear at the May or June event.

Great ideas everybody, appreciate the open discussion, i'll get on with making it happen.
<>