Spring Nats

Discussions related to Solo
steverife

Re: Spring Nats

Post by steverife »

You might not like the class for whatever reason, but given when the class was introduced, the numbers have been really good. There have been at least 11 in open every event that I've ran and ladies have made a class at all but maybe 2 events.

...and there'd probably be a lot more, but the kits have been out of stock for most of the time the class has been around.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

I would have to think that if another tire had been chosen, that would make a huge impact in numbers..
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Probably not this year, only because there was only a very small window when kits were available....

I'm actually kind of warming up to the Falkens. The car was fine in Lincoln, there are super cheap, and wear looks good. Several STX folks were blown away by my number of runs and how even the wear on the car was...

I also think that it will make me a much better driver when I move to something else.

If Rick wasn't stubborn and would admit that his PAX number was based off the car being on Bridgestones or Rivals, I'd be good...
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
steverife

Post by steverife »

Another thing with speed creep...

A lot of you guys aren't working course much, if at all, any more. It has gotten scary the last few years. Cars on street tires slide forever and last few years, we've commonly been getting the slowest cars at the event up to 65 or 70 mph. In the last couple years, cars have hit the cooler in my station twice. And then in higher classes, you have monster speed discrepancies. Day 1 at the tour, Randall was about 8 seconds faster than the car in front of him. We are hitting cap in this events and sending tight intervals, so if you are working finish, cars are sometimes just a few seconds apart.

As a sport, we need to be mindful of that. I don't want to see someone get hit by a car.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I dont want to see anyone hit either, but fast course can be made safe, it is not that hard to do especially at Lincoln and going fast safely is fun. Flowing courses are fun at any speed, but when it is gas and roll gas and roll gas and roll with no gas for more than 2 to 3 seconds, that isnt fun.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500