My car class?? Solo?

Discussions related to Solo
Chris2013ss

My car class?? Solo?

Post by Chris2013ss »

I'm new to scca and etrscca. I have a 2013 Camaro SS LS3. Exhaust, cold air. Stock wheels stag 10" x 20 rear 9" x 20 front. I live in Maryville Tennessee and would like to be going to Bristol and smokies Stadium but just need to know more about getting started already signed up and paid membership
thrdeye

Re: My car class?? Solo?

Post by thrdeye »

CAM C is what I'd recommend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

Welcome to ETRSCCA. Sounds like a nice car. As Chris stated your car would fit in CAMC class. (Classic American Muscle Contemporary) We also have a class called STM which is a catch all class if you are unsure which class you want to run in. If you went back to stock intake you may be able to run in FS class. This is mainly stock Camaros and mustangs.
Randy Adkins
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

If you want to jump into the deep end of the pool, CAMC is the answer. I would recommend at least a few events in Novice to start (maybe jump to another class next year).

Your car should be legal for STP with what you described. CAMC cars have a nearly unlimited ruleset. As mentioned, if you put the stock intake back on, you can run FS.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Is the exhaust cat-back? If you've replaced the cats or anything upstream from them, that'll bump you out of FS.

Edit: Unless you replaced the cats or upstream exhaust components with stock replacement parts.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

If you're serious about autocross, you might want to look at the Starting Line school at Bristol the Saturday before the ETR event. It's not inexpensive, but it comes with a lot of freebies as well as getting you off on the right foot with high quality instruction. It's a lot easier to start with good habits than have to break bad ones.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sc ... see-077066
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
michael.plaster

Post by michael.plaster »

dewittpayne wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 am If you're serious about autocross, you might want to look at the Starting Line school at Bristol the Saturday before the ETR event. It's not inexpensive, but it comes with a lot of freebies as well as getting you off on the right foot with high quality instruction. It's a lot easier to start with good habits than have to break bad ones.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sc ... see-077066
Yep, this is an amazing deal.
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette
Chris2013ss

Post by Chris2013ss »

Thanks for the info. The exhaust is cat-back, looking over the rule book it's huge kind of daunting so I looked at STP and FS. I don't have a problem putting my stock air intake back on but if I want to do more modifications to my car later should I just start with STP? And is novice its own class or what didn't see much about it
steverife

Post by steverife »

Novice -- Your finish is based off raw times, regardless of classing. We try to put the emphasis more so on getting you comfortable with running events over straight up competition.

FS - stock, you can do a few basic things (shocks, 1 swaybar, catback, etc). It is theoretically the slowest class of your choices. Sometimes you'll run against a few cars, sometimes you might not. There are some BMW M3's in your class.
STP - basic mods (suspension, wheels, some bolt-ons), but still pretty restrictive. This is just a pony car class. Not a lot of people run it.
CAMC - very few rules. mod away. very popular locally and nationally. If you want to be super competitive, the class could turn into an arms race....but for now, a good driver can do well with a fairly basic setup.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Chris2013ss

Post by Chris2013ss »

Thank you Steve very helpful.
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)