Today

Discussions related to Solo
Challenger

Re: Today

Post by Challenger »

Never knew that. Can you do it post runs or do you have to do it ahead of time like setting up the start and finish?
Teufelshund wrote:
thrdeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am Steve V...by section that's the areas between the dots on the SS map it generates right?

I still have some bms events in SS. If you can get this one to the cloud I'd love to take a look.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You can customize the way SS breaks out sections. You can add, delete, and move section breaks to your liking
Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

anytime I think
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Challenger wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:56 am Never knew that. Can you do it post runs or do you have to do it ahead of time like setting up the start and finish?
Teufelshund wrote:
thrdeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:36 am Steve V...by section that's the areas between the dots on the SS map it generates right?

I still have some bms events in SS. If you can get this one to the cloud I'd love to take a look.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You can customize the way SS breaks out sections. You can add, delete, and move section breaks to your liking
Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
I think you have to do it post runs. I haven't messed with it in a while, but if they haven't changed anything, I'm positive you can do it.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
TedV

Post by TedV »

MARKP wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:37 pm
RxCritical wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:56 pm I like cake.
and popcorn? :lol:
I like kettle corn popcorn :eating:

and cake :eating: :mrgreen:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

In the "analysis" screen where you're looking at the course layout and all the pre-made sections, to the top right you'll see a button that says "edit sections". That allows you to make your own custom breaks for analysis however your prefer.
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Broomwagon

Post by Broomwagon »

As a relative novice, I liked the course a lot.
Steve Rider BS 4
Scoob

Post by Scoob »

Moving beyond the course discussion, let's talk about course-working. I had three consecutive runs where I yelled for course workers to check a cone in the offset before the slalom. I stopped the last time to get them moving on it. They apparently called it in like there was nothing wrong. That's not true (and I have a pretty good screenshot to show it). The lead cone, with the pointer, was standing up, touching the box, but displaced from where it should have been by at least 8-12 inches. That 8-12 inch offset was enough on that cone to push the kart and car out of line for the entry to the slalom. We have to do a better job teaching course workers that not only do they need to watch the back of the cars for hit cones but anytime they see a cone get wiggled, they should go check and reset if necessary. Since it was there for three of my runs, that means it was potentially set incorrectly for ~45 minutes.
Scott Boito
#68 CAM-S C5 Z06
SEDIV SSS

BetterOffRacing
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

Scoob wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am Moving beyond the course discussion, let's talk about course-working. I had three consecutive runs where I yelled for course workers to check a cone in the offset before the slalom. I stopped the last time to get them moving on it. They apparently called it in like there was nothing wrong. That's not true (and I have a pretty good screenshot to show it). The lead cone, with the pointer, was standing up, touching the box, but displaced from where it should have been by at least 8-12 inches. That 8-12 inch offset was enough on that cone to push the kart and car out of line for the entry to the slalom. We have to do a better job teaching course workers that not only do they need to watch the back of the cars for hit cones but anytime they see a cone get wiggled, they should go check and reset if necessary. Since it was there for three of my runs, that means it was potentially set incorrectly for ~45 minutes.
We need serious corner chiefs. I've never had as much trouble with some of them as I did this year. I have no idea who any of them were, but when possible, we need to try to do some training and have a "preferred" list of people qualified to be corner chief, not just someone who doesn't want to run cones.

Not taking a jab at worker jerks or anything. I know we don't always have enough people
Brian Robbins
XP 45
Buck05Sti

Post by Buck05Sti »

Teufelshund wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:23 pm
Scoob wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:56 am Moving beyond the course discussion, let's talk about course-working. I had three consecutive runs where I yelled for course workers to check a cone in the offset before the slalom. I stopped the last time to get them moving on it. They apparently called it in like there was nothing wrong. That's not true (and I have a pretty good screenshot to show it). The lead cone, with the pointer, was standing up, touching the box, but displaced from where it should have been by at least 8-12 inches. That 8-12 inch offset was enough on that cone to push the kart and car out of line for the entry to the slalom. We have to do a better job teaching course workers that not only do they need to watch the back of the cars for hit cones but anytime they see a cone get wiggled, they should go check and reset if necessary. Since it was there for three of my runs, that means it was potentially set incorrectly for ~45 minutes.
We need serious corner chiefs. I've never had as much trouble with some of them as I did this year. I have no idea who any of them were, but when possible, we need to try to do some training and have a "preferred" list of people qualified to be corner chief, not just someone who doesn't want to run cones.

Not taking a jab at worker jerks or anything. I know we don't always have enough people
I cant tell you how many times this year i;ve had to yell at course workers over the radio to STAND UP while weve got a hot course.
Ryan Buckingham

2005 STi- STU #20

2004 Z06 Commemorative Edition (gold chain not included)
steverife

Post by steverife »

I haven't worked course at a local in a while, but I generally work it when I travel. It is a thankless job. You deal with the weather, you deal with noisy cars, cars ripping by you, you are on your feet for a long time, etc, etc, etc. ...and generally the only acknowledgement is when you don't do something to someone's satisfaction.

Thanks to those that have taken that on and embrace it and take it seriously. You guys are the ones that make or break our events and how you carry yourselves on course sets the tone for our newer folks. I don't think it is apathy, it is just lack of experience and education.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

After years of doin Impound at National events.. every now and then.. I get to work course.. I liked it. but, my knees didnt care too much for it.. lol

and maybe I take it too serious.. :)
steverife

Post by steverife »

I get pretty frustrated when I absolutely bust butt out there and then read nothing but complaints online. The Pro Finale was so cone intensive that I was 4-5 cone calls behind waiting my turn on the radio. And we had 2 cars in our station and we all were swatting hundreds of gnats. And then you get off course and read how you are a big running dumbass because you caused 1 rerun.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Cone intensive due to weather... or design? I hate a bunch of "gotcha cones" especially when its in my area! :lol:
:evil:
steverife

Post by steverife »

Massive slalom across the back of the course. With 6 runs per side, people are just trying to make 1 run stick.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Saloms at National = eh, Im too old for that shit.. :lol: