Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2004
Pro-Solo Prepared National Champ-2005
2016 Dodge Challenger SRT 6.4L CAM-C
ConeEater

Re: Are you using data and video?

Post by ConeEater »

Sounds good to me as well
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

I run both video and data on the tablet but I find the data more useful for me than the video. Whether comparing my own runs or like we did at Zmax between others, I get more from it than straight video. And as Chris said the angle from the tablet isn't really good for looking at certain things. I did run a go pro on the side for a while and that was helpful but I got lazy and quit doing that halfway thru the year.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
steverife

Post by steverife »

Challenger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 am I run both video and data on the tablet but I find the data more useful for me than the video. Whether comparing my own runs or like we did at Zmax between others, I get more from it than straight video. And as Chris said the angle from the tablet isn't really good for looking at certain things. I did run a go pro on the side for a while and that was helpful but I got lazy and quit doing that halfway thru the year.

Were you guys sharing between runs at zMax? If so, what did you see and what changes did you incorporate?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

Couldn't really do between runs only after runs. None of us were versed enough to pull it up quickly between.

As far as what we saw....Jim killed us in the slaloms...lol.
steverife wrote:
Challenger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 am I run both video and data on the tablet but I find the data more useful for me than the video. Whether comparing my own runs or like we did at Zmax between others, I get more from it than straight video. And as Chris said the angle from the tablet isn't really good for looking at certain things. I did run a go pro on the side for a while and that was helpful but I got lazy and quit doing that halfway thru the year.

Were you guys sharing between runs at zMax? If so, what did you see and what changes did you incorporate?

Steve Vrooman
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I had data at zmax but no one could use any of mine as not having any abs was a huge drawback and it didn't allow me to drive deeper in the corners, so I had to roll out way early so that I could slow down enough to make the turn. I don't think I will go any where any more without a front and back abs speed sensor in the trailer to swap out if that happens again.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
steverife

Post by steverife »

Challenger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:47 am Couldn't really do between runs only after runs. None of us were versed enough to pull it up quickly between.

steverife wrote:

So, I mean that doesn't really do you any good, does it?
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Challenger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:47 am Couldn't really do between runs only after runs. None of us were versed enough to pull it up quickly between.

yep... first time I really needed 4 "less" inches...... :roll:
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

Not for that event, but I have compared data between runs at national events where you have more time. And it's infinitely easier to compare to someone using the same tablet in the same car.
steverife wrote:

steverife wrote: Were you guys sharing between runs at zMax? If so, what did you see and what changes did you incorporate?

So, I mean that doesn't really do you any good, does it?

Steve Vrooman
DiaboJim

Post by DiaboJim »

Steve,

I did use the video between my 2nd and third runs on day two. I was able to see that I was more agressive on the first half of my first run and the second half of my second. By putting the two runs together I was able to pull out my best run on the third allowing me to improve my position. It takes discipline to sit in the car and compare the runs rather than just jumping out after a run. Randy and I did this a couple of times in the season, but not nearly enough.
Jim Thomas
2016 GT350
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

John Brown wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:23 am I cant hear my tires. :(
Really? Is that because the car makes too much noise? My understanding is that BFG Rival S tires generate maximum grip at quite high slip angles where they do make some noise, although not that much. John Smith complained that he had trouble hearing the tires in my car because of exhaust noise.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

DiaboJim wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:52 am Steve,

I did use the video between my 2nd and third runs on day two. I was able to see that I was more agressive on the first half of my first run and the second half of my second. By putting the two runs together I was able to pull out my best run on the third allowing me to improve my position. It takes discipline to sit in the car and compare the runs rather than just jumping out after a run. Randy and I did this a couple of times in the season, but not nearly enough.
Pretty much this right there.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

So, those that went to Huntsville .. how do we all share our best run?
ETR Pro Class Champion-2002-03-10-11-12-13-14-15
BMW/CCA D-Mod National Road Racing Champion-2011
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I have mine on solo storm and will post once I know how to do it....
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
Teufelshund

Post by Teufelshund »

What are you logging with? Android or Apple?
Brian Robbins
XP 45