Verifying car class 92 mr2

Discussions related to Solo
Joeogio

Verifying car class 92 mr2

Post by Joeogio »

Hello,

I will Be running my 1992 na MR2 again this season and want to verify that Im in the right class (STS) below are the specs of the car

engine mods: exhaust & intake
suspension: upgraded sway bars, upgraded rear strut tower brace, will be adding coilovers asap
wheels: 225 up front with 245s in the rear with Michelin pilot super sports

also i have swapped the seats out with evo 8 seats and will be bolting in a 5 point harness

ive had a lot of fun with you guys and gals over the past two seasons and i look forward to seeeing yall sunday up in the smokies, also i think i finally fixed my transmission issue and hopefully ill be able to stay in gear for a whole run.

thanks in advance, -joe
MARKP

Re: Verifying car class 92 mr2

Post by MARKP »

You are limited to a 7.5" wide wheel and 225 series tires in STS. The 245s will move you to STR. I assume the Michelins are 200 treadwear or above.

Also, you are limited on your exhaust mods. Can you add some detail about what you changed there?

Welcome back!
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Joeogio

Post by Joeogio »

on the exhaust as far as i can tell the muffler is factory but the header and down pipe are stainless, no cat. and i believe the tread wear rating on the tires is 300
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

No cat puts you into Street Prepared. You can run any DOT approved tire (Hoosiers are awesome!). You can also run our local STM, run what you brung class. That might be your best bet since that class requires 140tw or higher.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Joeogio

Post by Joeogio »

good day y'all, im revisiting the topic of class for my 92 mr2 because ive made some changes to the car. i originally bought this car like 5 years ago with the intentions of doing a 2gr-fe swap and that day has finally come. im actually in the middle of the swap right now and trying to burn the midnight oil as they say to get er done before the first event of the season. anyhow heres what im working with, ive got a 92 mr2 with a 2gr-fe out of a sienna van, Frankenstein maf pipe, rat 2 headers, origional na s54 transmission, Frankenstein steel flywheel, clutch masters clutch, tuned ecu, berk catback exhaust, the car has a beefier front sway bar and rear strut tower brace, stoptech rotors with ebc red stuff pads, soon i will also be adding coilovers and big brake kit, and initially ill be running on street tires 225 up front with 245s in the rear but will be upgrading wheels and tires eventually.

im curious to see what class i should run in, i know the swap puts me in a more open class but i dont know if tires would make a difference in what class i would run in with street tires vs slicks.
steverife

Post by steverife »

XSA or XA, depending how it is described in our registration.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Joeogio

Post by Joeogio »

ok thanks for the help