June 2nd smokies event

Discussions related to Solo
CobraJim
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:56 am
Location: Luttrell, Tn.

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by CobraJim » Thu May 30, 2019 10:36 am

novices
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair

TedV
Posts: 5860
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:55 pm

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by TedV » Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 am

Buck05Sti wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 am

would i need PPE other than a helmet?
Yup. Long abrasion resistant pants. Jeans are thought to be abrasion resistant. Abrasion resistant jacket covering torso and arms. Gloves, closed toe shoes. . The seat fits me snug. And just remembered the exhaust is kinda close to the back of the seat so no flapping in the breeze jacket or it will melt on the pipe. We would.need to see if my Leatte neck brace would fit ya.

You also might need pain releif medicine for after the runs since the lot is way more bumpy than BMS. Hmm.. I might be talking myself out of running. :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's

steverife
Posts: 9489
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2003 9:55 am
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by steverife » Thu May 30, 2019 11:23 am

Possibly open to going to see Ryan run a kart. :lol:
'03 MR2 Spyder - PES 89
'16 FRS - PSSC 89

Shadow2
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by Shadow2 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:27 am

I don't see it on the list, but I can do Equipment setup.
Joshua Dunn
2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 (ES - 64)

Buck05Sti
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm
Location: Louisville, Tn

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by Buck05Sti » Thu May 30, 2019 12:48 pm

steverife wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:23 am
Possibly open to going to see Ryan run a kart. :lol:
I'd look like freakin Bowser...
Ryan Buckingham

ASP/STM #20
2005 PSM/Gold STi

Buck05Sti
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:15 pm
Location: Louisville, Tn

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by Buck05Sti » Thu May 30, 2019 12:50 pm

TedV wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:14 am
Buck05Sti wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 am

would i need PPE other than a helmet?
Yup. Long abrasion resistant pants. Jeans are thought to be abrasion resistant. Abrasion resistant jacket covering torso and arms. Gloves, closed toe shoes. . The seat fits me snug. And just remembered the exhaust is kinda close to the back of the seat so no flapping in the breeze jacket or it will melt on the pipe. We would.need to see if my Leatte neck brace would fit ya.

You also might need pain releif medicine for after the runs since the lot is way more bumpy than BMS. Hmm.. I might be talking myself out of running. :lol:
So for a jacket, what would suffice? All ive got are leather jackets. And Ted, if that seat is snug on you, i might be able to squeeze a leg in there :lol:
Ryan Buckingham

ASP/STM #20
2005 PSM/Gold STi

benk
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by benk » Thu May 30, 2019 1:27 pm

Victoria and I will be there for timing.
Ben Keefer
2011 WRX : D-Street

MARKP
Posts: 9418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Location: Farragut, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by MARKP » Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I made some phone calls and Lin will probably drive the van there and back. If that changes, I will post something up.

I think Dave Disney is still a safety steward and Dave Yoder still is and will be at the event.

Barring any complications with me getting back in town on Saturday night, I will be there to assist with course and whatever else.

Thanks to Josh on equipment. I think Doug will be there as well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk


Mark Pilson
East TN Region Asst. RE
SEDiv SDC
Gold chains and jorts :lol:

michael.plaster
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:55 am
Location: Johnson City, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by michael.plaster » Thu May 30, 2019 5:45 pm

I'll be there for registration.
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette

disneyd
Site Admin
Posts: 3450
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN
Contact:

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by disneyd » Thu May 30, 2019 6:01 pm

Do we have a JR Kart steward?
- Dave Disney

RxCritical
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: Lenoir City, Tn

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by RxCritical » Thu May 30, 2019 7:18 pm

disneyd wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 6:01 pm
Do we have a JR Kart steward?
I think Scott B is the only one we have.
Paul McFall
18 Fiata Abarth (#34 CS)
Team Canopy

RxCritical
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: Lenoir City, Tn

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by RxCritical » Thu May 30, 2019 8:18 pm

MARKP wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I think Dave Disney is still a safety steward and Dave Yoder still is and will be at the event.
Dave Yoder is not signed up and based on last event not sure he will be there.
Paul McFall
18 Fiata Abarth (#34 CS)
Team Canopy

MARKP
Posts: 9418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Location: Farragut, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by MARKP » Thu May 30, 2019 11:37 pm

RxCritical wrote:
MARKP wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 4:32 pm

I think Dave Disney is still a safety steward and Dave Yoder still is and will be at the event.
Dave Yoder is not signed up and based on last event not sure he will be there.
I spoke to him personally. He said he would be there and would appreciate if he could be in the first run group.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
East TN Region Asst. RE
SEDiv SDC
Gold chains and jorts :lol:

MARKP
Posts: 9418
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:51 pm
Location: Farragut, TN

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by MARKP » Thu May 30, 2019 11:38 pm

disneyd wrote:Do we have a JR Kart steward?
I am one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
East TN Region Asst. RE
SEDiv SDC
Gold chains and jorts :lol:

RxCritical
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:31 pm
Location: Lenoir City, Tn

Re: June 2nd smokies event

Post by RxCritical » Fri May 31, 2019 6:14 am

Sounds good@
Paul McFall
18 Fiata Abarth (#34 CS)
Team Canopy

Post Reply