Chilhowee Park

Discussions related to Solo
72RatCamaro

Chilhowee Park

Post by 72RatCamaro »

What happened to doing events there? I figured it was a noise thing, but the drift club looks to be having events there still. Really liked the elevation changes on those.
Andrew Hodge
thrdeye

Re: Chilhowee Park

Post by thrdeye »

Louie worked really hard to get the site back. Arranged neighborhood meetings, worked with residents, explained what e10d was all about, etc. Basically he made it his mission to be friends with the people that live in those neighborhoods and it paid off for them. It would probably be quite a bit of work to get back there for us, imo. Not sure the neighbors would have the stomach for several noisy events. I think e10d only does 1-2 there per year.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

I believe we can run there but the need for the water filled barriers complicate things. If someone has an in with barricade supplier that will do what they say they will, when they say they will at a cost effective price, then our chances of running there would be better.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
MARKP

Post by MARKP »

Agreed with Ted on the barriers. They have been a problem. What actually killed our events there were legal issues. Maybe they have changed on that front.

I did like running an event a year there as well for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
michael.plaster

Post by michael.plaster »

I only got to run there once and it was super fun. I was too much of a newb to fully appreciate going down in that bottom part of the lot. I think AutocrossGuys has events there now, but look pretty restrictive.
Michael Plaster
69 Corvette
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

I thought the water barriers were only required for the "spectator" type charity events we were running there?

Or is a "spectator" charity event the only way we're getting back in there?
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

The city requires them to run there.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
oldmuscle69

Post by oldmuscle69 »

The Drift pepes ran just this past Saturday, I rolled past on Sunday and the site was still holding the water blockers. Now with all that said why cant we run on Sunday and sort of split the water blocker cost with the Drifties. I'm sure if needed a few could be moved with a quality sort of truck. Or maybe a common sort of a red neck version. Anyone thought about that? Remember the fun of flying off the hill and then running back up. Just sayen!!
Bob Colbert
01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

If I recall the problem was that the company providing the water barriers was extremely unreliable and never showed up on time if at all.

Would love to get back there if they found a more reliable water barrier provider.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3
Miata22

Post by Miata22 »

We really need to communicate with these people and at least get one event there a year. Obviously sound is not the issue. And if we can share the cost with drifters on water barriers that would be a bonus.
Randy Adkins