Schroth Rallye 4 belts

Discussions related to Solo
Challenger

Schroth Rallye 4 belts

Post by Challenger »

Been looking and thinking about getting these for awhile now to help hold me in the seat. The G-lock on the belt I have now is good but my upper body still moves too much sometimes. Since I'm doing the TT at NCM I've started thinking about them again and wondering. Anyone have any experience/thoughts safety wise on them vs. factory 3 point belt. I know we're talking a completely different animal using them on track vs autocross.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
tclackey

Re: Schroth Rallye 4 belts

Post by tclackey »

Unless you have rollover protection, I'd stay away from a harness that keeps your torso upright.

If the worst happens, and you have a roof collapse, a three point allows you to fold up where a harness will keep you as a crumple zone.

A nice harness style lap belt system combined with a three point belt will offer you a fairly stable platform. Especially if you have good lateral support from the seat.

See you at NCM!
Thomas Lackey
steverife

Post by steverife »

Leaving safety concerns for others to discuss...

I've found the 4 points that I've used in autocross to be VERY uncomfortable, as they tend to ride up.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
TedV

Post by TedV »

What Thomas said. There are some Schroth belts in the ole Neon rallyX car, now sitting with blowed head gasket. I never used them. Never felt comfortable using them in the car that had a good chance to go turtle up. I felt more planted in the bucket seat doing the old ghetto version of the G-lock for autocross. Yank the stock belt to lock it, then twist the belt at the buckle to take up slack and prevent the belt slipping through the buckle.

Any harness needs the lap belt TIGHT or it will ride up like Rife mentions.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
Challenger

Post by Challenger »

Thanks guys! That was what my concern and thinking was and exactly the info I was looking for.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Steve Vrooman
2016 Dodge Challenger CAM C
steverife

Post by steverife »

When I've been thinner, I'll start with everything in place, then I'll inhale and belt rides up to just below my ribs. And I can't exhale.

When I've carried a bit more gut around, the belt ends up around my armpits.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
tclackey

Post by tclackey »

Steve needs an antisubmarine strap. Either that or a lap belt that goes across his pelvis and doesn't loosen up.
Thomas Lackey