Classing

Discussions related to Solo
Floggin

Classing

Post by Floggin »

Hello guys, my name is Jason and I live in the Bristol area. I was able to get to my first event last year and loved it. I know it probably gets asked a lot but curious about what classing I need to be in for this upcoming season. I have a 1999 miata, last year completely stock I was placed in ES for my first event, since then I've changed to a catless exhaust, soon to be running 15x8 wheels. In my research it looks like I'll be in STR. Does this sound right? The information out there is quite overwhelming and confusing. Looking to add coilovers at some point soon as well, will this move me around any? All help is greatly appreciated!
MARKP

Re: Classing

Post by MARKP »

Welcome! Not having a cat on the car will bump you to CSP. There's a lot you can do at that prep level. You would also be eligible for XP, XS, or STM. Those are all a higher prep level than CSP. STM is a local class that we created that allows anything you can think of as long as you meet safety rules and your tires are 200 treadwear or above.

If you want to do a little more reading on the classes, the rulebook can be found here. https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
Floggin

Re: Classing

Post by Floggin »

Okay great, thanks for the help Mark.