Who wants to be the next T&S Chief?

Discussions related to Solo
disneyd
Site Admin

Who wants to be the next T&S Chief?

Post by disneyd »

Due to soccer tournament schedules and other spawn related conflicts, I'm probably going to be making it to less autocrosses in the near future. As a result, I'd like to step down as Timing & Scoring Chief. However, I won't be disappearing.

The primary responsibility of T&S Chief is to make sure enough adequately trained T&S workers are available to run an event. If someone doesn't show up and have the equipment prepared, the event and all attendees will be seriously impacted. The secondary responsibilities are mostly just posting the results and championship points on the web site, which the software pretty much does for you. On a rare occasion you may field an e-mail from a competitor for a correction or contact the AXWare support people to report or work a bug out.

The big upside of the job is that you get a work assignment in the shade.

I will work with and train anyone who is accepted for the position and will ensure that whoever takes over is comfortable with everything. Familiarly with computers and Microsoft Windows is a plus, but not absolutely required.

If you are interested, please let me know. I'd like to get something worked out soon, but before next season starts at the latest.
- Dave Disney
FrankF

Re: Who wants to be the next T&S Chief?

Post by FrankF »

Hey Dave,
I can’t commit to taking over the position. Being HSCC’s autocross chair has been more than enough of a commitment for me.

But if you need me to run timing at any of the remaining events that you cannot make, I’m happy to. I will be at all four of the remaining events. And I can setup timing and post times (I still have the notes from when you showed me how last year).
Frank Forcino
2019 Miata
disneyd
Site Admin

Re: Who wants to be the next T&S Chief?

Post by disneyd »

I really appreciate that Frank. I hope to make the rest this season but I never know what might pop up.
- Dave Disney