***An announcement from the worker jerk for tomorrow's event

Discussions related to Solo
steverife

***An announcement from the worker jerk for tomorrow's event

Post by steverife »

My goal is to be more efficient in heat swaps and work assignments than we have in past years. This will get us more runs and/or finished up earlier. I've taken notes on where people said that they could work and my goal is to have everyone assigned to a spot before people are sent to me to check in. No promises that I'll put you where you asked, but I'll try to make that work. if you have any special assignment requests, try to get them posted on one of the threads before 10 PM or so tonight.

- IF YOU HAVE A REASON THAT YOU CAN'T RUN CONES, SEE ME BEFORE REGISTRATION ENDS. If you don't know who I am, have registration point me out. Once run groups are printed, I won't have time to accommodate you.

- I WILL NOT TAKE REQUESTS TO WORK COURSE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. If you are new, we try to put experienced people at every station that will help you know what to do. While we do want you to have fun and enjoy the social aspects of the event, the primary goal for working course is to have a safe and efficient event. We need you paying attention the radios and what is happening on course. Hint: working course is a chance to make new friends.

- PLEASE SHOW UP ON TIME FOR WORKER CHECK-IN. Have respect for your competitors and the event organizers and please don't delay the event. Think about this before you decide to change tires before you work or run to Wendy's or whatever. If you haven't checked in with me when it is that time, I may not be as lenient about it as I have in the past. It could results in DSQ's or not getting to run or being asked to work an event before we let you run again.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
thrdeye

Re: ***An announcement from the worker jerk for tomorrow's e

Post by thrdeye »

I think I'm supposed to be training ted on timing.

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

I think that is the plan. I can try to get others set up on the sound meter if it shows
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Steve I'm happy to help with timing as usual or anywhere else you need me: but given the size of the novice class I was hoping to spend my time making sure they are pointed in the right dirrection
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair