Great event today!

Discussions related to Solo
Oberstwill

Re: Great event today!

Post by Oberstwill »

I hope Scott enjoyed his "freebee" today................ :twisted:

The course walked like it would have been fun. Too bad twenty five year old fuel lines had a different idea.
William

I only own old cars.....

and I will beat you on SNOW tires............ ;)
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

Loved the course JY! Had fun tossing the ol' Geo around.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

As always, I had a great time! The course was fun...I had no DNF's but some cone carnage and last but certainly not LEAST....my spin-out at the bottom before the shoot to the top of the course....sorry to the corner workers when that happened..... :shock:

STS is getting to be a very tough this season! :fight:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
integra55

Post by integra55 »

maybe :lol2: :lol2:
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

NEVRLIFTLIN wrote:STS is getting to be a very tough this season! :fight:
SSM too!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

A very fun course! I had a good time yesterday!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I had a blast yesterday. thanks to all @ ETR for putting on another fun day of autocrossing.I Just watched my 2 fast runs and wow,I left allot of time out there. I dropped allot of time on run #4 but was still WAY under driving. That was my 'fastest' run, but my last run was shaping up to be tons faster but botched up the 2nd uphill loop before going to the upper lot , basically having to back way off to save it. Then coming out of the 180 into the Chicago box I got way sideways and had to almost stop to be able to get into it, and that killed the momentum for the entire last segments.

Sorry for cutting out so quick after working. I tried to pick up a few cones on my way back to paddock. without my knowledge, Kim had gone and packed up 90% of my car and changed 1/2 the tires for me. I know she was talking to a few people trying to get them to convince me to stay and nap before driving home.

So... it was a LONG day yesterday, but I made it back home by 12:30 last night.

As far as the course, I loved the flow of it. It really really REALLY rewarded those that were looking ahead and getting set up for the next section. Some of the visuals were tough to read at speed, and I can see how some novices were going off or getting confused. I am bad with names with some of the members, but I know the novice chief was doing novice walks and had big groups with them. Hopefully the new peeps will remember to ask for someone to ride along with them rather than a buddy or significant other ( that isn't a driver already ) and let experienced people guide them. Those that did seemed to be rewarded with faster times and staying on course.

It seems like allot more than 71 drivers.....lol I was going to ask why there wasn't a 3rd heat to break things up, but with 71 drivers that isn't going to work. You need at least 80-85 for that I think.

I'll post up the videos later on. You guys have some really talented drivers in your region. I'm always impressed with the course designs, the organization and the drivers here. That, and you make everyone there feel like a local member. Thanks! I'll take a top 10 finish any day.

It was great seeing everyone there as well. I'm getting to know more people with each event.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
TedV

Post by TedV »

integra55 wrote:

not just the newer crowd :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Eh, Walter, admit it, you suffer from CRS. :P :lol:

wait, what were we talking about? dangit, so do I. :( :( :lol:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

ConeEater wrote:
It seems like allot more than 71 drivers.....lol I was going to ask why there wasn't a 3rd heat to break things up, but with 71 drivers that isn't going to work. You need at least 80-85 for that I think.

I'll post up the videos later on. You guys have some really talented drivers in your region. I'm always impressed with the course designs, the organization and the drivers here. That, and you make everyone there feel like a local member. Thanks! I'll take a top 10 finish any day.

It was great seeing everyone there as well. I'm getting to know more people with each event.
Thanks for coming down.

Yep it takes about 75-80 drivers before we can justify three groups. Any less and with three groups two driver cars can hardly get back to grid before they are ready to run again.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I have not had time to post until now, I hope every one had a good time on the course yesterday. I tried to have something a little different and all in all I think it was a good course. I think we are headed in the right direction for info for the new comers. If you looked ahead it was very rewarding, but if not then you more than likely had a dnf. We did have more newbies than I can remember in my short time autoxing. Looking forward to the next event. JY
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Best run from Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7d7pgsi ... e=youtu.be

My "fun run"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDAzOWs1 ... e=youtu.be

And I hope none of my comments were taken wrong about the course design and such. I know 1st hand how hard it is to do a course so anyone that complains in a negative way needs to try it and see how easy it is.

One thing that I really liked about it was that when you got sections right, you really could feel it and things fell into place for the next element. On my last run I FINALLY felt that happening and it was really fun.
I've changed the setup on the car and I think I'm starting to figure it out now.
Last edited by ConeEater on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
integra55

Post by integra55 »

TedV wrote:
integra55 wrote:

not just the newer crowd :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Eh, Walter, admit it, you suffer from CRS. :P :lol:

wait, what were we talking about? dangit, so do I. :( :( :lol:
:lol2: yeah ...
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
Josh_McCRX

Post by Josh_McCRX »

With the Miata being new to me and then getting the new suspension, wheels, and tires Friday I think I was just overdriving the car trying to work out it's limits and get it set up to where I like it (sorry cones) until my last run where I just decided to just focus on a clean run (go figure it was my best over-all time of the day and 0 cones too).

I have to say it was a really fun course and things went pretty smooth as usual. Thanks for everyone's hard work to make that possible.
Josh McCoig

1995 Honda Civic Si - STM/SMF 23
2004 Honda Element EX 4WD - Adventurer
IsaacMTSU

Post by IsaacMTSU »

It was a fun event! I liked the course a lot and like the others said, if you looked ahead it flowed really nicely! Tons of fun with the r-comps on the the truck! The offsets and the box and the sweepers and the.... it was all awesome. I was working the sweeper by the trailer and Chris Harp came through looking so far ahead he was looking at his passenger seatbelt!
http://www.ThreeSixDownhill.com
1991 Honda CRX HF (All Original) 68.45 MPG Avg
2011 Honda CR-Z HS
2003 Chevy S-10 Xtreme STX
TedV

Post by TedV »

IsaacMTSU wrote: I was working the sweeper by the trailer and Chris Harp came through looking so far ahead he was looking at his passenger seatbelt!
and that is how it's done :rockon:
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's