Great event today!

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Re: Great event today!

Post by thrdeye »

Was trying to decide whether or not to get inside of that floater cone before the oh shit box at the top of the hill

Always went outside.

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
jdpeterson21

Post by jdpeterson21 »

TedV wrote:
IsaacMTSU wrote: I was working the sweeper by the trailer and Chris Harp came through looking so far ahead he was looking at his passenger seatbelt!
and that is how it's done :rockon:
I noticed this too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_uAcb_4xT4

Chris, if you looked any further ahead coming into that sweep you'd need the mirrors!
Jed Peterson
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

thrdeye wrote:Was trying to decide whether or not to get inside of that floater cone before the oh shit box at the top of the hill

Always went outside.

sent from typotalk
I had the same debate, but went inside every time hedging on the shorter distance and maybe less slow-down through the alleged chicago box. The front seemed to stick ok out of the horseshoe so i didn't have to delay too much getting to full throttle and was pointed straight in between the exit and entrance. My logic was that if I went outside i was driving further, turning the whole time fighting camber, and then also would have marginally more turning to do in the box.

Watching that video though, it looks smooth enough that way and straighter than I thought it would look.

I was curious how the other way would work, but not curious enough to change something that was netting decent times during runs.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I set up the course with a couple turns that you could take several ways. It makes you look ahead and think oh which way do I go to get the fastest time, I must not have went the right way LOL. I hope every one did enjoy a little different look and a little longer course.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500