Where-to-buy: Supertrapp silencers

Discussions related to Solo
Wheelman_13

Where-to-buy: Supertrapp silencers

Post by Wheelman_13 »

So....I've made some changes to the NSX and after driving it around for a day or two I've come to a pretty clear understanding that I probably won't make the sound cut at Pellissippi. We're not talking JY + Roush Exhaust loud....but I imagine it's still somewhat in excess of what we allow.

So. I've got a 3.5" tailpipe exit and want to get one of the disc-only supertrapp tips (e.g. just the bracket and discs vs. any additional length of muffler) to shut the car back up a little.

Any advice on the cheapest place to find those? I found them on the ST site for a lot, then on SummitRacing for a lot less, just curious if I'm missing anywhere.

Thanks.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
steverife

Re: Where-to-buy: Supertrapp silencers

Post by steverife »

Summit, or maybe Amazon.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Amazon FTW, good call.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Follow-up on this: Supertrapp apparently struggles with both quality control and specifying dimensions these days.

I measured my tailpipe WITH A MICROMETER and it's pretty exactly 3.5" outside diameter. Their "slip fit" flange...also exactly 3.5" diameter...one of these things won't slip around the other.

also one of the two flanges I received did not have any bolt holes in it..... If I knew I was going to have to fabricate stuff....well, I'd have just fabricated stuff in the first place and just ordered the discs.

....unamused.

So, these are going back to Amazon tomorrow.

On a related note, anyone here be able to fabricate a flange that would ACTUALLY slip fit into/around my 3.5" exhaust outlet and accept supertrapp discs? Asking before I go a different route entirely.
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
TennTechMan

Post by TennTechMan »

You should talk to Jon Coatney. I had him make a custom exhaust flange for me last week. You're needing something a little different, but I would guess he could do it.
Aaron Carroll

STM 11 - 91 Geo Metro
Lead Engineer of the Knoxvegas Lowballers