Video's & further help

Discussions related to Solo
rocket71

Video's & further help

Post by rocket71 »

Hello! I am trying to acquire what I potentially see as one of the best lots in TN. I need some help.

I need some AutoX videos. I remember the one from last year Dixie was pretty great but can't seem to find it now.

A quick summary....

I met with this weekend with the Executive Officer of the 118th Air Wing in Nashville regarding use of their aircraft parking area. (They no longer have any aircraft.) I approached her regarding the use of it. BTW...it is approx 1/4 mile by 1/4 of better than Lincoln concrete. She felt this would be a difficult item to obtain due to the Army moving helicopters in. After much discussion, she felt should could help me obtain other lots that she knew of. She felt the Army parking location at Smyrna Airport would be a good fit. It is a triangle and measures about 2200 x 3500 ft. She also gave me leads for 2 other lots.

I know this is Nashville but I don't think anyone gets lots better than ETR. I am just trying to leverage my contacts to help the AutoX community.

I am looking for good in car videos and event videos to send the the XO so she can get a feel for what it is exactly what we do.

Thanks!
GT350
MARKP

Re: Video's & further help

Post by MARKP »

I think you probably need to also have a discussion with Raleigh Boreen. He has been involved on a lot of the airport events in the north and central areas.

He mentioned at tje SEDiv meeting that he would be more than happy to help regions obtain new lots.

Sent from the Galaxy
Mark Pilson
03 Z06 - Sword
09 Mustang - Club
01 Excursion - The safe you dropped from the 10th story
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

I will do that.

The good thing about these military lots is that there really is no FAA to go through. The base commander has the say so on the use of military parking area. I have spoke with Han in ETR as this will go through their region. The military has many un-funded charities for vets/members in which we can contribute a lot "rental" fee too. With enough entries this could be a real boon for them and us.
GT350
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

I will do that.

The good thing about these military lots is that there really is no FAA to go through. The base commander has the say so on the use of military parking area. I have spoke with Han in ETR as this will go through their region. The military has many un-funded charities for vets/members in which we can contribute a lot "rental" fee too. With enough entries this could be a real boon for them and us.
GT350
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

There is a video that was created as a school project that explains autocross. That is the only one I would show. I'll try to find the link

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

Thanks Chris. That is exactly what I needed.
GT350
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

Any news on this site Berry?
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

jcox07 wrote:Any news on this site Berry?
Got a response. She gave me her physical address to send her the "official" DVD and pamphlet from SCCA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
GT350