wow... just WOW...

Discussions related to Solo
GaryM

Re: wow... just WOW...

Post by GaryM »

The Geo lifts the inside front on most turns. If you hit a bump just right, or slam on the gas it lifts both. If a finely tuned race car such as the Geo does this, I'm pretty certain it's the fastest way.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
Wheelman_13

Re: wow... just WOW...

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Yeah, there's a thin line in there somewhere. I said it was "fine", not "ideal" :).

You could run much stiffer springs and get rid of that, but how much compliance are you willing to sacrifice to that end, particularly on an already-twitchy chassis? (without formula-car downforce to help)

One advantage of a mid-engined car is the ability to put power down on corner exit, the softer rear setup will help that. The by-product is potentially lifting an inside front. Also, by the time you're adding enough power to lift the front, you should in theory have already done most if not all of your car rotation/direction-changing.

Looking at it a different way: If the outside front tire hasn't slipped (if it had slipped, the inside wouldn't be off the ground), the car is still turning as much as you want it to, and you can move the rear on-throttle without the front slipping.....I don't see the problem :mrgreen:

As for F1/Indycars....

Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld