Regional 4 Results are up

Discussions related to Solo
thrdeye

Regional 4 Results are up

Post by thrdeye »

pay no attention to that pax results page. If a sticker ends up on curts car he might get upset.

http://www.etrscca.org/solo/2013-solo-results/
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
TedV

Re: Regional 4 Results are up

Post by TedV »

I must have gotten lucky guessing the karts needed to run a 55 or 56 to pax up top. 55.9 was needed. I think we were off the ground about 5 seconds at least..

Speaking of bouncing around, any of you spectators notice if Mark stayed in his seat better than I stayed in mine? his ribtech grips around him better or, did his kart stay on the ground better?
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

TedV wrote: Speaking of bouncing around, any of you spectators notice if Mark stayed in his seat better than I stayed in mine? his ribtech grips around him better or, did his kart stay on the ground better?
that would explain the hesitant driving.. get a smaller seat.. I hate moving around in the seat. That one on the kart now had a death-grip on me, I didnt move an inch and it made it really easy to throw it around on the ragged edge. I also braced myself on the heel-stops quite a bit too.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
TedV

Post by TedV »

I definitely over slowed for the corners and found myself in the wrong gear a lot. Noticed the brakes pulled to the left right before my last run. I've seen some ears to bolt to the seat from ribtech, I think, that wrap around to hold you in better. With motorcycle jacket and armadillo rib vest(supposedly the thickest vest out there) I still slide out of the seat easy. the seat ears, chassis sliders and look at brakes are on the list before next event
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Odd, when I click on the link it only shows up to the Smokies event. :?
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Hit refresh after getiing the link up. That may fix it.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

CTRL F5 if that doesn't work

sent from typotalk
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

scottgib wrote:Hit refresh after getiing the link up. That may fix it.
That did it! :D
Thanks!
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Great event!!! Everything was awesome... Crazy fun course, thanks JY! Thanks to everyone who worked hard to make it perfect. I'm left thinking, how could I have gone 2 seconds faster, crap! :)
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I made it home about 90 minutes ago and just now got the new site figured out. My link kept taking me back the old one... anywrtay

Thanks to the ETR board for putting on another great event. Decent turnout considering some rain the AM and it being a holiday weekend.

I hadn't been paying much attention to times of other cars outside of Paul, Robert and myself, so I was really shocked to see me in the top 10. You guys have some great drivers and that was a nice surprise after feeling I really didn't drive all that well.

HUGE thanks to Robert for all the help thru the day. It was a big help and I wish I would've had him in the car early... that might have made me faster later in the day. Going for a ride along in the SSP car was a blast!! I know I forgot to breathe a couple times.

The course walked bad the 1st time thru but made sense more and more as you walked it. It DROVE awesome and was allot more fun than I thought it was going to be. Hats off to the course designer(s). It really tested your guts and your mind. You had to be looking way out on a few spots and there was allot of trust in your car at many spots as well.

OK... off to bed now. over 1000 miles of driving in the past couple days, working on Kim's car, and all of Sunday has wiped me out.

See you guys again soon.
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Brian - I enjoyed riding with you and look forward to running with you next year. I hope we get some time to work on a few things in the car and let me know how I can help.

RC
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

You know, after talking to you at the event, I was really bummed I'm not going to nationals this year. I would've offered you a co-drive :)

I'm getting videos up and such and will update some thoughts on the runs as I can.

Still need to unload the car/trailer. BTW... these A6s just won't die. Who said they don't wear as good as street tires

:lol2:
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
jcox07

Post by jcox07 »

I am with you on the a-6's. I have got 110-125 runs on my a-6's on a fat pig that weighs 3690 pounds. It is a lot more drivable on hoosiers than it is on street tires. I hope the tire issue gets worked out for the best.
JY ( Jeff ) Cox
ETR R.E
2018-2021, 2022, 2023 Solo Nationals Co Chairman
2010 GT500
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

Jeff... you're in SM so you're golden anyway :)

BTW... thanks for the offer of the race ramps. Kim was freaking out that I was going to jack the car up without the pucks. I already had the car in the air for the last two tires when she got them, but it was much appreciated.

Just like @ national events, the solo community always helps each other out. I commented to her how good it felt that the region is getting to know me and make me feel welcome.
Brian Huber
Scalded Snail Racing
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Brian - co-drive at nationals? I maybe able to work something out on that note. I would like to drive your car sometime to see if I could even drive the car or not. Why not just run my car in SS :?: Do you think Sam would notice :lol:

RC