Regional #5

Discussions related to Solo
integra55

Re: Regional #5

Post by integra55 »

thrdeye wrote:Ryan is correct. You need to say something to the event chair at the event if there is an issue, otherwise anyone could hop on the message board after the event and get their class changed and cherry-pick on points. Thus, the integrity of the event is compromised event moreso than a car being incorrectly classed. The Roush got the only clean run in FS anyway, all others were DNFs. Looks like he deserved the win. You were faster raw, but it was a DNF.

Results are up - http://www.etrscca.org/solo/2013-solo-results/
Chris ... help .. I've clicked on this link and I've gone to the drop down menu under Solo ... then I've clicked on refresh .. still only getting results through pts event # 4

since it's usually me :lol: .. any suggestions for what I need to do ?
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
MikeKelly

Post by MikeKelly »

steverife wrote:I'm not sure why Mike only has 1 run recorded.
My first run was DNF - talent starvation at the bottom of the hill.

They must have been having timing issues to mark that a rerun.
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
Wheelman_13

Post by Wheelman_13 »

Heat 2 got about halfway through run 3 before the first lightning delay. Probably 3-5 people attempted another run after that in the wet, but I don't think most of those got recorded, then we had to call it.

I appreciate the chair/workers making the attempt to keep the ball rolling, but mother nature was having none of it. Good times none the less.

On a side note, I'd forgotten how entertaining Pelli can be in the wet. I'm pretty sure that at no point in my 3rd run did I have full traction at both ends of the car at the same time. :lol:
Richard Graves
1992 Acura NSX
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
youtube.com/lapoftheworld
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

integra55 wrote:
thrdeye wrote:Ryan is correct. You need to say something to the event chair at the event if there is an issue, otherwise anyone could hop on the message board after the event and get their class changed and cherry-pick on points. Thus, the integrity of the event is compromised event moreso than a car being incorrectly classed. The Roush got the only clean run in FS anyway, all others were DNFs. Looks like he deserved the win. You were faster raw, but it was a DNF.

Results are up - http://www.etrscca.org/solo/2013-solo-results/
Chris ... help .. I've clicked on this link and I've gone to the drop down menu under Solo ... then I've clicked on refresh .. still only getting results through pts event # 4

since it's usually me :lol: .. any suggestions for what I need to do ?
clear your cache and refresh. you can also try CTRL+F5 at the same time.
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
integra55

Post by integra55 »

thanks... it was the cache that was the problem ... I'll actually make a pencil and paper note to remember to do that next time LOL
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones

828-686-3245
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

01badz28 wrote:
dewittpayne wrote:A Roush 427R is in no way, shape or form a stock class car. Roush is not an official manufacturer or re-manufacturer like Saleen and the car is not listed in the stock class list. The car is likely SM or SSM, if that. I searched the pdf of the 2013 solo rules and there is no mention of Roush in the entire document.

September, 2011 FasTrack ( http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... k-sept.pdf ):
NOT RECOMMENDED
- General, stalled car at start (5359) The EOC does not believe a rule change is necessary for this situation.
- Stock, Roush Mustang classification (4839). This package is not considered to meet the requirements of 13.0.
Dewitt,

We are a competitor policed sport - registration tries to do their best during the course of an event but its up to the competitors to notify the event chair of a possibly improperly classed car and have them double check the classing. If you see another improperly classed car in your class next event, please let someone know ASAP so we can get them in the right class.

As a general rule, we don't change results after an event is complete.
I didn't ask for the results to be changed. I was just pointing this out so it doesn't happen again. I did raise an objection in the vicinity of registration and JY Cox said he thought it was classed correctly. I wasn't sure to whom I should have addressed my objection more formally. Now I know. Thanks.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

integra55 wrote:thanks... it was the cache that was the problem ... I'll actually make a pencil and paper note to remember to do that next time LOL
I put a no cache meta tag in the file that will hopefully prevent it from caching as hard as it does. Hopefully this will help. Several people got stuck last time too.
Chris Harp
steverife

Post by steverife »

Generally speaking, the first person to address would be the driver of the car in question, preferably when they have a chance to class themselves correctly.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
integra55

Post by integra55 »

yeah.. done in a calm FYI type of conversation it usually gets done with little drama ... especially if it's someone new to the sport

walter jones

828-686-3245
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yeah Steve is also correct. "Hey I noticed you're in FS. You can run today, but next event you should be in [whatever class]"

I will add that registration should make a reasonable effort to get a car in the right class, especially if it's a novice. In this case, I believe they did. I wouldn't have known where to stick it. I will say that I don't think it falls into the realm of "reasonable" for registration workers to have to review fastracks the day of the event.
Chris Harp
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

steverife wrote:Generally speaking, the first person to address would be the driver of the car in question, preferably when they have a chance to class themselves correctly.
That applies in the other direction as well. When classing an unusual car, the people most likely to know what's what are the competitors in that class.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Danny (Roush driver), made a concerted effort to determine the correct class, it was suggested by registration to run in FS... this was his 2nd autocross.
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

Yep if it's classified in a fastrack, registration is probably not going to catch it unless the registration worker happens to have personal investment in the class.
Chris Harp
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

thrdeye wrote:Yep if it's classified in a fastrack, registration is probably not going to catch it unless the registration worker happens to have personal investment in the class.
The FasTrack link came from a forum post from the San Diego Region I found with a quick search on classing a Roush 427R at the event. And, as I stated above, who has more a personal investment in the class than another competitor in that class? I wasn't asked and I did try to object at the event, just not successfully.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

01badz28

Post by 01badz28 »

Are Shelby GTs still in FS? I probably would have classed him there without looking at the fast track - seems like the rules makers opened FS up to some of the tuner specials to boost participation a few years ago. I can't remember if the SS / Firehawk to FS happened or not either.
Ryan E. Jarrard
2001 Camaro Z28, SM #24
2011 BMW M3 Coupe
1989 BMW M3