Regional #5

Discussions related to Solo
MikeKelly

Re: Regional #5

Post by MikeKelly »

01badz28 wrote:but 37 entrants that seems pretty doable.
I'll bet we end up a lot closer to 50 or 60 even with the LeMons team out...
Mike Kelly
"Still got the shovel..."
--Mr. Rate
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Wow I hate to see our number so low but autocrossers are always the last to jump in. Going up the hill and down the hill sounds like fun but yes the cone thing could end up being a real big problem.

John - rockout early? :shock: Why are we both on in DC this weekend :?: Oh yea money and time is our problem. :(

RC
scottgib

Post by scottgib »

Not in favor of the up-down. Nor the down-up. Since the chair is a word parsing legal beagle.
Last edited by scottgib on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old men can still dream!

Scott Gibson
ConeEater

Post by ConeEater »

I like going up OR down the hill like we have on events 2 & 4, but up AND down.... that's allot

Not that I have a chicken in the fight....
Brian Huber
2021 Stingray Coupe ( NOT for cone hitting )
2016 Scion FR-ETH 58/158 SSC
Scalded Snail Racing
steverife

Post by steverife »

I like downhill.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
integra55

Post by integra55 »

FWIW I like pushing hard uphill more than downhill ... guess it has to do with the size of the my dangling appendages ... such as they are LOL
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
RxCritical

Post by RxCritical »

Uphill. :)
Paul M.
C8 #34 SS
Team Canopy
NEVRLIFTLIN

Post by NEVRLIFTLIN »

rocracing2004 wrote:Wow I hate to see our number so low but autocrossers are always the last to jump in. Going up the hill and down the hill sounds like fun but yes the cone thing could end up being a real big problem.

John - rockout early? :shock: Why are we both on in DC this weekend :?: Oh yea money and time is our problem. :(

RC

And LOTS of rain!!!! :lol2:
~~~Lin Cox~~~
1990 Mazada Miata
ZOOM-ZOOM

Secretary
Travel Agent
Social Director
Event Planner
🤗🐾🍺🚘🎵🏁
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Rain :!: Yea John is the master in the rain. :?

RC
TedV

Post by TedV »

I'm out. Alergies or whatever is kicking my A, so I may be out indefinetly. Anyone want to buy a club Formula F, shifter kart, motorcycles perhaps. :? :(

Someone else feel free to set up the sound meter - or not.
Ted V.
don't make me list all my VW's
steverife

Post by steverife »

integra55 wrote:FWIW I like pushing hard uphill more than downhill ... guess it has to do with the size of the my dangling appendages ... such as they are LOL
I think it takes way bigger balls to go all out up the hill, where the preferred line is to aim at the curb and hope the front of the car washes out as much as it did last time.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
integra55

Post by integra55 »

wasn't there last time (darn it ... looked like a FUN course)... but for some reason I tend to have more confidence in the rear end staying put on an uphill turn than a downhill turn ... and which ever way we go there's a turn at the end of it ... but I'm defiantly ok with either ... just one is more in my comfort zone than the other
“The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.”

walter jones
'91 civic CRX, Ford F150, '14 Chevy Sonic

828-686-3245
dewittpayne

Post by dewittpayne »

integra55 wrote:wasn't there last time (darn it ... looked like a FUN course)... but for some reason I tend to have more confidence in the rear end staying put on an uphill turn than a downhill turn ... and which ever way we go there's a turn at the end of it ... but I'm defiantly ok with either ... just one is more in my comfort zone than the other

There's a reason why they run uphill at hillclimbs. Although at Chimney Rock they did run a gravity powered hill fall. The only requirement was that the vehicle had to include a galvanized wash tub somewhere.
DeWitt Payne
2011 Mustang GT CAM-C

"Tires are meant to die young." Heyward Wagner
CABoegemann

Post by CABoegemann »

Downhill! It's faster!!!
........ _____
........./____,\__
........(o)_l___(o)

'05 MINI Cooper S
steverife

Post by steverife »

integra55 wrote:wasn't there last time (darn it ... looked like a FUN course)... but for some reason I tend to have more confidence in the rear end staying put on an uphill turn than a downhill turn ... and which ever way we go there's a turn at the end of it ... but I'm defiantly ok with either ... just one is more in my comfort zone than the other
The turn is generally a lot farther away when we run downhill. I feel like I'm always sawing at the wheel pretty hard going through the islands uphill.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97