STR competition

Discussions related to Solo
rocket71

STR competition

Post by rocket71 »

Just noticed Jr. Johnson says on Facebook he is building a STR Miata. He hopes to have a one to drive at D.C. What is the world coming to? Next Strano will come to STR. Come on John, you shoulda kept that MR2. I love all the competition in STR, never any doubt after a National event just how much work I need to do on...ME. Robert...you next?
GT350
steverife

Re: STR competition

Post by steverife »

Strano has been running his STX car quite a bit.
'16 FRS - PSTX 97
ke0ki2k

Post by ke0ki2k »

I like it! I quit racing the kart because most of the talent is on the other coast and/or across the Atlantic, and I obviously dont have the money/resources to get to where the real racing is at. Good to see Marcus and I are likely going to end up playing in one of the deepest fields in Solo.
James Cathers - PFS #192 E92 M3 | TT4 E36 M3
flier129

Post by flier129 »

Yeah man this field is just getting deeper and deeper. I always thought the class was cool from the beginning. Since I got the NB I'm very tempted to make it out to Nationals this year. I guess I need to go sling some more parts for Harry!

The diversity of the class is really impressive as well, spring Nats makes it the 3rd or 4th time a Z has came out on top, the NB has a few, the NA can be competitive if you're crazy enough to prep it to the max, the Z3M can be a contender with 300+hp, the mr2 has trophied quite a bit, and of course the s2k & NC. I am still curious to see how the ND will shake things up in the next 2 years. IIRC it'll have interchangeable suspension bits with the NC, BUT 2100lbs and 160+hp stock.....
Marcus Luttrell - 99' Miata - GLTC/Max3/ST5 #92
Nine Lives Racing - Sales/spell-checker/IT
rocracing2004

Post by rocracing2004 »

Berry - I would agree that STR is a great class and has been for a long time. I wish I had the time to set-up a car for that class. Heck I wish I had the time to just run national events in my car much less than in another car. :D I love to go to nationals and watch classes like STR, STC, STS because the fast guys are really really fast and to see the results change like they do is a lot of fun.

Take care and good luck this year!
RC

PS: Are you making the trip this weekend to another ETR beating? :)
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

I am headed to the DC pro solo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
GT350
steverife

Post by steverife »

Don't get shot!
'16 FRS - PSTX 97