New to Solo, need help with classing

Discussions related to Solo
guitarzan327

New to Solo, need help with classing

Post by guitarzan327 »

Hey all, my name's Derek Shell. Looking forward to getting started in this sport, hoping to run in the event Sunday, but I'm having trouble with figuring out which class I should register my car in. I've been reading over the rulebook and I think it should be either in Street Touring or Street Prepared. I'll be driving an 04 Chrysler Crossfire with an aftermarket exhaust, aftermarket wheels and tires and sitting on Eibach springs. Any help would be much appreciated and looking forward to getting to know you guys.
GaryM

Re: New to Solo, need help with classing

Post by GaryM »

Hi Derek, welcome to ETR!

It looks like the car was never classified for an ST class, which would make you in BSP (B Street Prepared) as your class. Locally, we have a classed called STM (Street Touring Modified) which was created as a "run what ya brung" class where any car on 140 treadwear or greater tires can compete. This is a great class for people like yourself with a few mods but no real class in mind to try out the sport and have competition to race against.
-Gary Mitchell
Custom Magnet Numbers and Vinyl Graphics! | Unofficial Points Standings
01' Honda S2000 -99 BSR
99' Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
99' F250 Super Duty
91' SVT GEO Metro (24HhoursOfLemons!)
EliseAutoXr

Post by EliseAutoXr »

Welcome!
Bradley Allen
STM 7
06 Lotus Elise (some stock)
guitarzan327

Post by guitarzan327 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and registered under BSP as a novice instead of STM so I can see what my competition would be like nationally, if I decide to really get into the sport. I've got a feeling that I will get into this, as I need some racing in my life and am very bored with drag racing.
thrdeye

Post by thrdeye »

We don't have a "real" BSP car here. The closest would probably be to run against JY and his Mustang in SM
Chris Harp
2009 Mazda RX-8 | 2018 Toyota Tundra | 2011 BMW M3
rocket71

Post by rocket71 »

guitarzan327 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply. I went ahead and registered under BSP as a novice instead of STM so I can see what my competition would be like nationally, if I decide to really get into the sport.
No BSP competition around here. You need to "climb the Pro ladder". Run BSP and keep watch on the how you rank in PAX. That is how I did it. You will need to prep that car a good bit more to be even close to competitive in BSP to include a serious tire budget. Don't be discouraged, keep pressing the envelope in car development and driver development.
GT350
CobraJim

Post by CobraJim »

Hi Derek , I'm Jim, your local novice chairman. Your 1st time out can be a little confusing. Trying to get registered, through tech and figure out the course so if you have any issues please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be there sunday in the grey cobra but if I'm not by the car most anyone can point you towards me. Good luck and have fun...
Jim Simmons
6 xp, em, stm
Novice Chair